James Maloney

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
medlocke
Posts: 8376
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:57 am
Contact:

Re: James Maloney

Post by medlocke » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:01 pm

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:58 pm
pedro wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:53 pm
George would be 4th best in Canberra
I disagree. He will become a regular in their team. We will miss George next season unless we sign the likes of Maloney.
Give over, Georgey runs round like a headless chicken half the time

old hooker
Posts: 1908
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:53 pm

Re: James Maloney

Post by old hooker » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:44 pm

medlocke wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:01 pm
shaunedwardsfanclub wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:58 pm
pedro wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:53 pm
George would be 4th best in Canberra
I disagree. He will become a regular in their team. We will miss George next season unless we sign the likes of Maloney.
Give over, Georgey runs round like a headless chicken half the time
Williams will be back to SL with his tail between his legs, he is so overrated and I just hope for gods sake we dont get him back

ddtftf
Posts: 1552
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:07 pm

Re: James Maloney

Post by ddtftf » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:16 pm

Like the magic set of clothes if someone says he is brilliant we all believe it mass suggestion, i also think he will struggle to hold a place down in the NRL as their halfbacks take the ball right to the line and George passes 5 yards away

User avatar
Mike
Site Admin
Posts: 5415
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:54 pm
Contact:

Re: James Maloney

Post by Mike » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:53 pm

ddtftf wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:16 pm
Like the magic set of clothes if someone says he is brilliant we all believe it mass suggestion, i also think he will struggle to hold a place down in the NRL as their halfbacks take the ball right to the line and George passes 5 yards away
Why do they want him?

User avatar
wall_of_voodoo
Posts: 911
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:51 am

Re: James Maloney

Post by wall_of_voodoo » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:04 pm

I posted the original rumour

We will not be signing Maloney any day soon - more chance of Francis Maloney getting his boots back on

As for the wishful thinking for Hastings - that boat is about to sail as well

Chris Atkin it will be
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:

moto748
Posts: 2315
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:30 pm

Re: James Maloney

Post by moto748 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:58 pm

I doubt GW will be "4th best" at Canberra, for the simple reason that I imagine they will move at least one, maybe two of the four on.

But don't underestimate the extent to which the NRL can improve players. Of course he wouldn't get in the Raiders first team on his current Wigan form. That doesn't necessarily mean he can't do better.

pedro
Posts: 4055
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:37 pm

Re: James Maloney

Post by pedro » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:19 pm

moto748 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:58 pm
I doubt GW will be "4th best" at Canberra, for the simple reason that I imagine they will move at least one, maybe two of the four on.

But don't underestimate the extent to which the NRL can improve players. Of course he wouldn't get in the Raiders first team on his current Wigan form. That doesn't necessarily mean he can't do better.
I agree, they cant give him a rugby brain, its the thing hes missing
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1857407490.png

nathan_rugby
Posts: 1830
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:12 pm

Re: James Maloney

Post by nathan_rugby » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:36 pm

ddtftf wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:16 pm
Like the magic set of clothes if someone says he is brilliant we all believe it mass suggestion, i also think he will struggle to hold a place down in the NRL as their halfbacks take the ball right to the line and George passes 5 yards away
Something you really can’t teach at his age. Needs to be drilled in from a young age because it gets harder and harder the closer you get.

Thurston was the best at it by a mile.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."

medlocke
Posts: 8376
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:57 am
Contact:

Re: James Maloney

Post by medlocke » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:44 pm

Mike wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:53 pm
ddtftf wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:16 pm
Like the magic set of clothes if someone says he is brilliant we all believe it mass suggestion, i also think he will struggle to hold a place down in the NRL as their halfbacks take the ball right to the line and George passes 5 yards away
Why do they want him?
Because they can is the only reason I can think of, We should've used him as part of a deal for Aidan Sezer

First Try Tickle
Posts: 1002
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:15 am

Re: James Maloney

Post by First Try Tickle » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:42 pm

medlocke wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:44 pm
Mike wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:53 pm
ddtftf wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:16 pm
Like the magic set of clothes if someone says he is brilliant we all believe it mass suggestion, i also think he will struggle to hold a place down in the NRL as their halfbacks take the ball right to the line and George passes 5 yards away
Why do they want him?
Because they can is the only reason I can think of, We should've used him as part of a deal for Aidan Sezer
This is what I can't understand with Wigan. If we have to let our best players go to the NRL then we should be doing a deal to bring someone over here. If by signing Williams Canberra will release a couple of halves, then we should do a deal to sign one. Isn't one of them called Williams..??

Locked