New Recruit?

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Woody1989

Re: New Recruit?

Post by Woody1989 »

Lam mentioned in his interview that they're looking to bring 1 or 2 more players within the next few weeks. Personally I don't think it'll be a marquee signing but I'll settle for someone like Drinkwater and maybe another forward.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Woody1989 wrote:Lam mentioned in his interview that they're looking to bring 1 or 2 more players within the next few weeks. Personally I don't think it'll be a marquee signing but I'll settle for someone like Drinkwater and maybe another forward.
On the marquee bit would you jump and sign one now or wait and see if Sam Tomkins becomes unsettled in France and then go for him or even Bateman. Just an idea.
Woody1989

Post by Woody1989 »

thegimble wrote:
Woody1989 wrote:Lam mentioned in his interview that they're looking to bring 1 or 2 more players within the next few weeks. Personally I don't think it'll be a marquee signing but I'll settle for someone like Drinkwater and maybe another forward.
On the marquee bit would you jump and sign one now or wait and see if Sam Tomkins becomes unsettled in France and then go for him or even Bateman. Just an idea.
I reckon they might wait until next season to make a marquee signing. Assess the squad this season, see what the team needs and then decide on who to bring in ready for Edwards to take over.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Woody1989 wrote:
thegimble wrote:
I reckon they might wait until next season to make a marquee signing. Assess the squad this season, see what the team needs and then decide on who to bring in ready for Edwards to take over.
2019 is going to see which players cut's the mustard, reckon there will be a cull at the end of 2019 with Edwards deciding which players are Wigan standard and which are not, Expect some quality players to be brought to replace those that are not worthy, exciting times ahead
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I wouldn’t go for Sam Tomkins again gimble ????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

josie andrews wrote:I wouldn’t go for Sam Tomkins again gimble ????
Or any other player that has wanted to leave
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

I doubt if he would come back anyway.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

medlocke wrote:
Woody1989 wrote:
thegimble wrote: On the marquee bit would you jump and sign one now or wait and see if Sam Tomkins becomes unsettled in France and then go for him or even Bateman. Just an idea.
2019 is going to see which players cut's the mustard, reckon there will be a cull at the end of 2019 with Edwards deciding which players are Wigan standard and which are not, Expect some quality players to be brought to replace those that are not worthy, exciting times ahead
There's a couple of players coming in before season start so think cutting mustard has already started in some positions.
Wes

Post by Wes »

KITDF, care to elaborate who?
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:
medlocke wrote:
Woody1989 wrote: I reckon they might wait until next season to make a marquee signing. Assess the squad this season, see what the team needs and then decide on who to bring in ready for Edwards to take over.
There's a couple of players coming in before season start so think cutting mustard has already started in some positions.
Spill the beans or do you mean the youngsters