Shaun Johnson

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Tallis11
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:36 am

Shaun Johnson

Post by Tallis11 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:45 am

Would love to see Shaun Johnson in the Cherry and White jersey. Radders - get on to Mr Bell and get him signed

Barney841
Posts: 448
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:24 am

Re: Shaun Johnson

Post by Barney841 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:16 pm

There’s better chance of Lam putting his boots back on.
Never happen.

User avatar
Firestarter
Posts: 1725
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:07 pm

Re: Shaun Johnson

Post by Firestarter » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:21 am

Never say never........ remember shaun edwards never coming back?
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE

southportcdm
Posts: 449
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:05 pm

Re: Shaun Johnson

Post by southportcdm » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:58 am

A super league club signing a player of Johnson's quality and price just doesn't happen anymore. After reading the comments of Rads in today's Observer it looks like they're preparing us for the situation where we won't sign another 7 this season. Although he doesn't rule out a signing the main point of the article is to remind us that we have Shorrocks (and Josh Woods) to back up Tommy and Sam P.

User avatar
medlocke
Posts: 7604
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:57 am
Contact:

Re: Shaun Johnson

Post by medlocke » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:42 pm

southportcdm wrote:A super league club signing a player of Johnson's quality and price just doesn't happen anymore. After reading the comments of Rads in today's Observer it looks like they're preparing us for the situation where we won't sign another 7 this season. Although he doesn't rule out a signing the main point of the article is to remind us that we have Shorrocks (and Josh Woods) to back up Tommy and Sam P.
And yet last week Rads said he was working on a deal for a 7

User avatar
Firestarter
Posts: 1725
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:07 pm

Re: Shaun Johnson

Post by Firestarter » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:18 pm

medlocke wrote:
southportcdm wrote:A super league club signing a player of Johnson's quality and price just doesn't happen anymore. After reading the comments of Rads in today's Observer it looks like they're preparing us for the situation where we won't sign another 7 this season. Although he doesn't rule out a signing the main point of the article is to remind us that we have Shorrocks (and Josh Woods) to back up Tommy and Sam P.
And yet last week Rads said he was working on a deal for a 7
thats what i thought
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE

User avatar
Firestarter
Posts: 1725
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:07 pm

Re: Shaun Johnson

Post by Firestarter » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:19 pm

It sounds to me like wigan have already agreed to sign a 7 for next year..... so they are making do this year....... could this be hastings?
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE

User avatar
medlocke
Posts: 7604
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:57 am
Contact:

Re: Shaun Johnson

Post by medlocke » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:18 pm

Firestarter wrote:It sounds to me like wigan have already agreed to sign a 7 for next year..... so they are making do this year....... could this be hastings?
Hope not, I get the feeling he will be found out next season when he comes up against the big guns, I don't get why he has been put on a pedestal by certain fans after only playing a handful of games against the lower clubs

southportcdm
Posts: 449
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:05 pm

Re: Shaun Johnson

Post by southportcdm » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:23 pm

I thought that the main reason that Hastings didn't sign for us was that he didn't want to commit to more than one season because he hopes to return to the NRL. We certainly did try to sign him and were in the market for a 7. I just wonder if we can't get a suitable one this season so have decided to wait.

moto748
Posts: 1941
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:30 pm

Re: Shaun Johnson

Post by moto748 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:00 pm

For a start Shaun Johnson is in a different league to Merrin and Hurrell. Merrin in an NRL journeyman, past his best, and Hurrell is in the 'barely good enough for the NRL' category. Johnson, on the other hand is one of the best players in the world, and a genuine superstar.

Post Reply