Shaun Johnson

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Tallis11

Shaun Johnson

Post by Tallis11 »

Would love to see Shaun Johnson in the Cherry and White jersey. Radders - get on to Mr Bell and get him signed
Barney841

Re: Shaun Johnson

Post by Barney841 »

There’s better chance of Lam putting his boots back on.
Never happen.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Never say never........ remember shaun edwards never coming back?
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

A super league club signing a player of Johnson's quality and price just doesn't happen anymore. After reading the comments of Rads in today's Observer it looks like they're preparing us for the situation where we won't sign another 7 this season. Although he doesn't rule out a signing the main point of the article is to remind us that we have Shorrocks (and Josh Woods) to back up Tommy and Sam P.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

southportcdm wrote:A super league club signing a player of Johnson's quality and price just doesn't happen anymore. After reading the comments of Rads in today's Observer it looks like they're preparing us for the situation where we won't sign another 7 this season. Although he doesn't rule out a signing the main point of the article is to remind us that we have Shorrocks (and Josh Woods) to back up Tommy and Sam P.
And yet last week Rads said he was working on a deal for a 7
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

medlocke wrote:
southportcdm wrote:A super league club signing a player of Johnson's quality and price just doesn't happen anymore. After reading the comments of Rads in today's Observer it looks like they're preparing us for the situation where we won't sign another 7 this season. Although he doesn't rule out a signing the main point of the article is to remind us that we have Shorrocks (and Josh Woods) to back up Tommy and Sam P.
And yet last week Rads said he was working on a deal for a 7
thats what i thought
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

It sounds to me like wigan have already agreed to sign a 7 for next year..... so they are making do this year....... could this be hastings?
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Firestarter wrote:It sounds to me like wigan have already agreed to sign a 7 for next year..... so they are making do this year....... could this be hastings?
Hope not, I get the feeling he will be found out next season when he comes up against the big guns, I don't get why he has been put on a pedestal by certain fans after only playing a handful of games against the lower clubs
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

I thought that the main reason that Hastings didn't sign for us was that he didn't want to commit to more than one season because he hopes to return to the NRL. We certainly did try to sign him and were in the market for a 7. I just wonder if we can't get a suitable one this season so have decided to wait.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

For a start Shaun Johnson is in a different league to Merrin and Hurrell. Merrin in an NRL journeyman, past his best, and Hurrell is in the 'barely good enough for the NRL' category. Johnson, on the other hand is one of the best players in the world, and a genuine superstar.