widdup

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
AncientWarrior

Re: widdup

Post by AncientWarrior »

ddtftf wrote:Anyone noticed that Warrington owner never puts his head in the news?? i bet some people on here dont even know his name, He keeps a low profile not like IL mmmmmm
He’s probably a modest man.........with plenty to be modest about. ????????????
A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success.

doc

Post by doc »

Simon Moran, the Warrington Chairman is loaded. He makes his money as a concert promoter. What worries me with Wire is how they always seem to have space on the cap to sign big names and we don't despite spending up to the limit. Makes you wonder whether complimentary tickets are being handed out to the Wire players as a bonus.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

old hooker wrote:
I have been making this point for so long but IL can do no wrong in some peoples eyes and sooner later the lack of ambition in attracting more fans and trying to bring a big name to the club will hurt us.
Well, for one thing, I don't see many saying IL 'can do no wrong', but it has been pointed out, accurately, that he has presided over a period of relative success and financial stability. I assume you don't dispute that.

As for bringing more money into the club, it has been suggested that further investment should be sought from individuals other than IL. Well, that would be fine, if these people with millions to burn could only be located. If, for example, it became known that there was a Koukash-style guy out there itching to pump money into the Club, but IL was blocking it, then you might have cause for complaint. But that isn't the case, is it?

We all love a good moan in Wigan, but if there were simple measures available that the Club could take, don't you think they would already have done so?
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

doc wrote:Simon Moran, the Warrington Chairman is loaded. He makes his money as a concert promoter. What worries me with Wire is how they always seem to have space on the cap to sign big names and we don't despite spending up to the limit. Makes you wonder whether complimentary tickets are being handed out to the Wire players as a bonus.
Wigan have space on the cap but IL will not spend, if you cant see that then I give up.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

moto748 wrote:
old hooker wrote:
I have been making this point for so long but IL can do no wrong in some peoples eyes and sooner later the lack of ambition in attracting more fans and trying to bring a big name to the club will hurt us.
Well, for one thing, I don't see many saying IL 'can do no wrong', but it has been pointed out, accurately, that he has presided over a period of relative success and financial stability. I assume you don't dispute that.

As for bringing more money into the club, it has been suggested that further investment should be sought from individuals other than IL. Well, that would be fine, if these people with millions to burn could only be located. If, for example, it became known that there was a Koukash-style guy out there itching to pump money into the Club, but IL was blocking it, then you might have cause for complaint. But that isn't the case, is it?

We all love a good moan in Wigan, but if there were simple measures available that the Club could take, don't you think they would already have done so?
I disagree about a few things with your post..

ALL fans moan about their club,their favourite singers setlist (seriously check the MaCartney board)..it’s just something we as humans do,it’s no worse,no better than other boards so please so with this ridiculous notion it’s just Wigan fans,it’s not and it’s bloody annoying.

There are a section of supporters who can see no wrong in what Lenegan does to deny it is again ridiculous,I sit in the middle,admire what he does,get befuddled at what other things he does,the club does need more money,the cost cutting while sustainable for a season or two does catch up sooner rather than later,though where extra investment would come from I don’t know but given his age I hope he’s actively looking for it.

That Warrington seemingly have signed Widdop is a blow,he’s for me at least a genuinely world class player,Wigan where ever possible should be seen to be at least in the frame for players such as him when they indicate they want to come to SL,for me Wigan weren’t even in the frame for him and that saddens me,I don’t think it’ll change if and when Edwards comes either.

We all love to rub Warrington noses in the fact they are the perineal nowherenears..that will change with Price,he advocates dull as ditchwater rugby but it’s that sort of play that wins things..I’d go as far as to say Warrington will win the GF this year,I think Wigan will be there about but I don’t see it this time round,but as ever they’ll be in the hunt,to sign Widdop and if Austin stays that makes them even stronger on paper at some poin the bag will break and they break their duck.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

old hooker wrote:
doc wrote:Simon Moran, the Warrington Chairman is loaded. He makes his money as a concert promoter. What worries me with Wire is how they always seem to have space on the cap to sign big names and we don't despite spending up to the limit. Makes you wonder whether complimentary tickets are being handed out to the Wire players as a bonus.
Wigan have space on the cap but IL will not spend, if you cant see that then I give up.
good to now, and there i thought we had been handing out improved contracts and maybe just maybe holding off for a year to give Edwards a bit of play?

none of us know if we have Cap space your making a guess off whos left and whos come in. Lenegan has said hes tightening his belt but have they said this is all cap?
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
pedro

Post by pedro »

warrington make a profit we dont so moran doesnt need to dip as much IL has to put in loads
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

pedro wrote:warrington make a profit we dont so moran doesnt need to dip as much IL has to put in loads
How is that possible when they don't win trophies and they pay for the upkeep of a stadium
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Wakefield made a profit with half the gate attendance so we are doing something wrong maybe IL is not the best business man we thought he was :conf: :conf: :conf:
Mouse13

Post by Mouse13 »

medlocke wrote:
pedro wrote:warrington make a profit we dont so moran doesnt need to dip as much IL has to put in loads
How is that possible when they don't win trophies and they pay for the upkeep of a stadium
Do all these other teams invest as much off the pitch as Wigan do ?
Orrell and developing Central Park/Robin Park must take a fair chunk of cash out of the pot. No other club can invest as much as Wigan do. Just a thought.
Adlington ARLFC 1988-1992
Adlington Rangers ARLFC 1992-2009
Chorley Panthers ARLFC 2009-2011