widdup

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
fozzieskem

Re: widdup

Post by fozzieskem »

And Wolves it is very good signing for them
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Even with the marque spots

Blake Austin and Gareth Widdop, that is going to be taking a massive chunk of the cap. i can only hope this will weaken them in other areas as i believe they will have the best half backs in SL next year.

they may actually a grand final at last.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Still baffles me how they can afford all these players even though their marquee signings. I know there youngsters might not be on as much ours but I can imagine charnley, ratchford and Atkins being on a decent wedge.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Wes wrote:Cas are asking for salary cap dispensation to sign a half why Gales our for the season sooooo they have spent the cap as do we year on year, we win stuff they’ve won the shield once in the last god knows how many years.

We don’t do too bad under IL. Just saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
You forget Cas were a mid table side until they started spending to the cap and when they did, they got to a grand final which was until they did it, a fixture dominated by the big spenders. They were undone by Hardaker of course but if you look at who’s been in the GF you won’t find many appearances by cheapskate sides.

You can’t get away from that and up to now Wigan have spent as much if not more than anyone being the first to sign two marquee players. If we can no longer keep up and so lose out on players like Austin and Widdop, we will just have to hope it’s only Wire with deeper pockets if the move to three marquee players comes off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

There is no evidence for Wigan under spending. In fact, anyone can simply check the accounts.
The key advantage we will always have over Warrington is that we produce the Smithies and Smiths of the game, through our junior investment which matters far more than gambles on imported players.
The teams we need to worry about regularly are those, principally Leeds, though Saints as well to an extent (and Bradford back in the day), who grow their own and spend up to the cap.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Caboosegg wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:54 pm Even with the marque spots

Blake Austin and Gareth Widdop, that is going to be taking a massive chunk of the cap. i can only hope this will weaken them in other areas as i believe they will have the best half backs in SL next year.

they may actually a grand final at last.
£300k will count.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards