widdup

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
ddtftf

widdup

Post by ddtftf »

heard he is not coming till 2020 and Wigan looking at Jerrard Sammit from London Broncos hope its not true at 32
medlocke

Re: widdup

Post by medlocke »

ddtftf wrote: heard he is not coming till 2020 and Wigan looking at Jerrard Sammit from London Broncos hope its not true at 32
I have seen many fans rant at Sammut being 32, from my math's 32 is 4 years younger than 36 yet certain fans where over the moon when we retained a 36 year old, Fans really need to make their minds up
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

ddtftf wrote:heard he is not coming till 2020 and Wigan looking at Jerrard Sammit from London Broncos hope its not true at 32
So you mean widdop is coming to wigan for 2020?
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

If the above is true then sammut would be ok for 1 season....... he can kick goals as well
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

As soon as I heard Sammutt had left London I felt Wigan would look at him,he’s skilful but why isn’t he playing at a higher level?

Honestly I doubt he will join Wigan and he will stay in the championship we will see.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

He played for the panthers earlier in his career so should be up to the task
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

One thing is for sure..... we wont be signing hastings and widdop next season so some info is wrong....... hope its true though( if george leaves that is)
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

Its a weird one with Sammut, He's been over hear now since 2010 but its never really worked out, even when he was at Wakefield. He's also nearly 32 which is only a year younger than Tommy. Now if we want to sign an oldie for a year then maybe Thurston will come over.

As for Widdup, I think this may be an option if Williams decided to go to the NRL.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Firestarter wrote:He played for the panthers earlier in his career so should be up to the task
Long time ago that he’s one of those players who for whatever reason perhaps didn’t reach the heights he should have
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

I heard that Widdup has asked for an immediate release and is upset that the club are trying to keep him there till 2020.

My money is on Widdup coming but time will tell :blush: :blush: