Hastings

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
w.thomas

Hastings

Post by w.thomas »

Heard today that its a done deal for jackson hastings for next season. A friend knows some big wig on the board at salford and said that he had signed for us last week. We could do a lot worse if it turns out to be true!
bertina

Re: Hastings

Post by bertina »

w.thomas wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:51 am Heard today that its a done deal for jackson hastings for next season. A friend knows some big wig on the board at salford and said that he had signed for us last week. We could do a lot worse if it turns out to be true!
I certainly hope it's true. he's a class above anything we have at the moment.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

And he’s also a good bloke 😊🏉🍒⚪️
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Didn't he turn us down on a two year deal this season because he wants back to Aus as soon as possible?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Thought it was because he wanted to show loyalty to Salford for giving him a chance 🤔
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

I'd be very happy if this rumour turned out to be true.
A good player is Hastings.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Id very much doubt it as mentioned everything looked like he was just putting himself in the shop window for the NRL.

Then again we lose alot of players to the NRL so it would be the shop window.

It would be amazing to sign him, hes basically kept salford going.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
w.thomas

Post by w.thomas »

Yeah I remember about the NRL thing, whos to say anyone would want him though? good signing if it turns out to be true. Dont see what this bloke would get out of making it up but then again some folk are strange! We could do with some good news after all the bad recently
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Which would suggest the announcement of Williams to Canberra is imminent and we have signed Hastings as a "smoother"

I'll take that as long as this is for longer than one year
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Hastings left the NRL because he kept getting in fights with his team mates. It is possible that NRL clubs will pass on him as they consider the risk of re offending too high in the light of the clamp down on player behaviour. If so, and he comes to us for a few years, in place of Williams (whom I would happily keep), then that is good business on our part. He may not even cost as much as Williams, given that I assume Salford cannot afford to pay him a fortune.