George Williams (Tell an Aussie)

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
old hooker

Re: George Williams (Tell an Aussie)

Post by old hooker »

ausbaz wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:36 am Hey all, I’m a Raiders fan here in Canberra. I just wanted to get Wigan fans info on Williams. Over here we hear from reporters that he’s coming, but the Raiders have denied it and are not announcing anything. What are you hearing there?

Also what is he like? I try to watch as much as I can of the Super league but it is nothing like you guys watching weekly. Is he an organising 7? Or more like a running/ ball playing 6?
He has good defence, a decent short kicking game and supports well.He has been built up to be a superstar but he creates very little with ball in hand and you have far better players in Oz.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

I think George gets criticised down mainly to his marquee status. He's not the finished article but in SL at creating tries his assists show that over his time with us
he is consistently one of if not the best.
He also is possibley the best defensive half in our comp. He does have brainfarts
when it comes to decision making and game management but hes more an edge runner than organiser. Any half whos your main attacking option will on occasion put in a bad kick, a stray pass or choose the wrong option he will though create you scores and coupled with his strong D it gives him a real chance of giving the NRL a crack. Hes also played most of his rugby with our left centre and winger and as a trio they have a special understanding be interesting seeing how he goes. I for one while frustrated by him at times will be sad to see him leave.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I think truth be told Williams has been copping flack way before he signed his marquee deal
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Players always cop flack especially if your a half like Williams. I think hes copped a lot more since his marquee because expectation rises. When he signed it for me he was hot property and the fact we had to secure him (rightly or wrongly) on that marquee money shows he had more admirers. He still does looking at the fact the NRL clubs are taking a chance with him.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!