Toronto Bound

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Caboosegg

Re: Toronto Bound

Post by Caboosegg »

pedro wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:01 am
Nezza Faz wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 11:51 pm Re: Pedro: "Ive not seen anything from Escare this year to say he causes problems in attack."

It's hardly the lads fault, Lam's very rarely played him this year, other than in a bits and parts scenario. All I know is he's a potential line breaker, is exciting to watch, and used correctly can produce the unexpected, and be a match winner in a tight game. And how many of this class of 2019 have that ability ?
He was given the No.1 jersey after his 2018 form (and after we'd signed Hardaker !) yet has never been given a fair chance to be able to replicate that form with a decent run of games.

PS The pass he got on the wing at London was a shocker, above and behind him, if anyone takes up this point !
but he hasnt taken his chance has he. Hes down the pecking order and when been called upon hasnt done anything. Thats not his fault though eh....
But he has last time he played i pointed out gildart and williams basically blanked him, his first touch he got us a penalty and the one time he got a pass from gildart he scored.

People loved Escare last season yet he got turned on this season to justify why Hardaker should be an auto include.
Hardaker should have had to wait for his chance, Escare earned the starting place last season and it should have been his to lose.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Caboosegg wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:12 am
Nezza Faz wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 11:51 pm Re: Pedro: "Ive not seen anything from Escare this year to say he causes problems in attack."

It's hardly the lads fault, Lam's very rarely played him this year, other than in a bits and parts scenario. All I know is he's a potential line breaker, is exciting to watch, and used correctly can produce the unexpected, and be a match winner in a tight game. And how many of this class of 2019 have that ability ?
He was given the No.1 jersey after his 2018 form (and after we'd signed Hardaker !) yet has never been given a fair chance to be able to replicate that form with a decent run of games.

PS The pass he got on the wing at London was a shocker, above and behind him, if anyone takes up this point !
but he hasnt taken his chance has he. Hes down the pecking order and when been called upon hasnt done anything. Thats not his fault though eh....
But he has last time he played i pointed out gildart and williams basically blanked him, his first touch he got us a penalty and the one time he got a pass from gildart he scored.

People loved Escare last season yet he got turned on this season to justify why Hardaker should be an auto include.
Hardaker should have had to wait for his chance, Escare earned the starting place last season and it should have been his to lose.

Please explain the "chances", Pedro, that he's been given by Lam ?
I mean a consistent run of games in his fav positions of either FB, or HB, not as an impromptu winger replacing another injured player, or coming on in "lost causes" ?
On his form last season (contributing strongly in the Grand Final Play Offs, and in the GF itself) playing both 1 and 6/7, I'd say 100% that Lam's NOT given him a fair run, or he's been wrongly influenced by some others.
Last week on 2 occasions, a 'slow coach' Hankinson was shown up for pace, something ME has bags of - and pace is a strong weapon in RL, and is not easily replicated ?
pedro

Post by pedro »

Nezza Faz wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:41 am

Please explain the "chances", Pedro, that he's been given by Lam ?
I mean a consistent run of games in his fav positions of either FB, or HB, not as an impromptu winger replacing another injured player, or coming on in "lost causes" ?
On his form last season (contributing strongly in the Grand Final Play Offs, and in the GF itself) playing both 1 and 6/7, I'd say 100% that Lam's NOT given him a fair run, or he's been wrongly influenced by some others.
Last week on 2 occasions, a 'slow coach' Hankinson was shown up for pace, something ME has bags of - and pace is a strong weapon in RL, and is not easily replicated ?
Hes made 6 appearances this year. So plenty to be judged on. It might not seem as many as hes not been noticed.

Do you think we should drop Zak to play Escare? Really?? you say play him HB hes played there 1-2 times and did nothing.
pedro

Post by pedro »

loved him? Hardly
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Its like a boot sale IL selling everything but the time clock , anyone interested in buying turf as its the last thing to go
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

ddtftf wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:29 pm Its like a boot sale IL selling everything but the time clock , anyone interested in buying turf as its the last thing to go

Can't sell that we don't own it :shock: ;)

Regards EW
2002 and EW is hooked