Jackson Hastings ???

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
fozzieskem

Re: Jackson Hastings ???

Post by fozzieskem »

DaveO wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:32 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:59 pm Reading that Leeds have made an immediate offer for Hastings,so who knows what’ll happen
Depends if we had him sign a contract or instead came to one of IL's gentlemen's agreements based on a shake of the hand. :roll:

The Leeds offer is supposed to be £400k to sign immediately. Losing Hastings now could drag Salford into a relegation battle but I also doubt they can turn that sort of money down. IL wouldn't never mind Salford!

So it all boils down to has Hastings already put pen to paper with Wigan for next season. If he has, there is nothing Leeds can do about it except try and get him out of the contract with Wigan.

That said if they make such an offer you would have to think they still reckon he has not committed to any team for next season.
If the offer from Leeds is a real one then lets be fair Salford cant afford to turn it down assuming he has no deal in place at Wigan,but I'm with you I don't think he has signed anywhere for next season.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I think ddtf is trying to tell us something lol
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Salford have asked for £400k to release Hastings this season. Read the article closely.

I think they placed that ridiculous amount on to stop Leeds poaching him now, but as been stated it also depends if he had agreed terms with Wigan for next season.

I cannot see any club paying that sum of money for essentially 10 games unless attempting to bump his value up so much it cripples Wigan's salary cap plans (which I wouldn't underestimate from that odious Hetherington)
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

wall_of_voodoo wrote:Salford have asked for £400k to release Hastings this season. Read the article closely.

I think they placed that ridiculous amount on to stop Leeds poaching him now, but as been stated it also depends if he had agreed terms with Wigan for next season.

I cannot see any club paying that sum of money for essentially 10 games unless attempting to bump his value up so much it cripples Wigan's salary cap plans (which I wouldn't underestimate from that odious Hetherington)
Eh? Transfer fees don’t count on the cap and I can’t see Leeds paying £400k to have Hastings effectively on loan for 11 games.

If Leeds have offered that much it’s for a longer deal.

Salford don’t need to put a ridiculous amount of a fee on Hastings to stop him leaving for the rest of this season. They just refuse Leeds offer. Net result is exactly the same, player does not leave.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Hetherington is a total plonker he is like a child if i cannot play with the ball i will burst it , must have been bullied as a child
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

ddtftf wrote:Hetherington is a total plonker he is like a child if i cannot play with the ball i will burst it , must have been bullied as a child
Never had any time for him. So short sighted it’s untrue. It was his idea to scrap the reserve grade. No thought for the effect this would have on the game.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

DaveO wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:00 am
ddtftf wrote:Hetherington is a total plonker he is like a child if i cannot play with the ball i will burst it , must have been bullied as a child
Never had any time for him. So short sighted it’s untrue. It was his idea to scrap the reserve grade. No thought for the effect this would have on the game.
It was also through him that the academy teams were reduced to an U19's competition only! Barsteward! 😡
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Have Leeds any quota spots available,
Hurrell, Lolohea, Cuthbertson, Merrin, Parcell, Peteru, Albert, Seumanufagai.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

No straw damn us wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:48 am Have Leeds any quota spots available,
Hurrell, Lolohea, Cuthbertson, Merrin, Parcell, Peteru, Albert, Seumanufagai.
Of course the cap doesnt apply to them
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE