Jackson Hastings ???

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
moto748

Re: Jackson Hastings ???

Post by moto748 »

I didn't realise there still was a quota! What is it?
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

moto748 wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:48 am I didn't realise there still was a quota! What is it?
The following definition is taken from the RFL Operational Rules:
'Each club shall on be entitled to register, and declare in any 19-man squad, the 5 "overseas Players" (the "Quota") save for those Clubs which are granted an exemption in such form as the Board shall decide'.

Make of that what you will!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Levrier

Post by Levrier »

I wonder what the definition of an overseas player will be after Oct 31st in a league that straggles borders?
moto748

Post by moto748 »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:13 pm
moto748 wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:48 am I didn't realise there still was a quota! What is it?
The following definition is taken from the RFL Operational Rules:
'Each club shall on be entitled to register, and declare in any 19-man squad, the 5 "overseas Players" (the "Quota") save for those Clubs which are granted an exemption in such form as the Board shall decide'.

Make of that what you will!

Thanks, sefc. Sounds a bit of a joke, doesn't it? Certainly set against Leeds' (and maybe others') squad.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

What is the big problem with announcing mid season signings for next year, It's not like it's a new thing ffs
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

DaveO wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:48 pm
wall_of_voodoo wrote:Salford have asked for £400k to release Hastings this season. Read the article closely.

I think they placed that ridiculous amount on to stop Leeds poaching him now, but as been stated it also depends if he had agreed terms with Wigan for next season.

I cannot see any club paying that sum of money for essentially 10 games unless attempting to bump his value up so much it cripples Wigan's salary cap plans (which I wouldn't underestimate from that odious Hetherington)
Eh? Transfer fees don’t count on the cap and I can’t see Leeds paying £400k to have Hastings effectively on loan for 11 games.
Are you thick or deliberately condescending in your attempts to belittle other posters?

Please point out EXACTLY where I have said ANYTHING about transfer fees counting on the bloody salary cap

I know they don't and I so do not need a ten page diatribe from you to explain to me exactly what I already know :evil:
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
DaveO

Jackson Hastings ???

Post by DaveO »

wall_of_voodoo wrote:
DaveO wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:48 pm
wall_of_voodoo wrote:Salford have asked for £400k to release Hastings this season. Read the article closely.

I think they placed that ridiculous amount on to stop Leeds poaching him now, but as been stated it also depends if he had agreed terms with Wigan for next season.

I cannot see any club paying that sum of money for essentially 10 games unless attempting to bump his value up so much it cripples Wigan's salary cap plans (which I wouldn't underestimate from that odious Hetherington)
Eh? Transfer fees don’t count on the cap and I can’t see Leeds paying £400k to have Hastings effectively on loan for 11 games.
Are you thick or deliberately condescending in your attempts to belittle other posters?

Please point out EXACTLY where I have said ANYTHING about transfer fees counting on the bloody salary cap

I know they don't and I so do not need a ten page diatribe from you to explain to me exactly what I already know :evil:
Don’t be so bloody sensitive. You mentioned crippling Wigan’s salary cap. The only figure to do with money you mentioned was the fee so I thought you meant that crippled our cap. Got it?

How exactly does Leeds signing him for 11 games affect our salary cap? If he’s already signed a contract it won’t. If he hasn’t then if Leeds are paying £400k they aren’t paying £400k for 11 games and he’s going there.

I wasn’t being condescending. I had no idea what you were on about.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

With hamlin possibly not coming back and tt rumoured to be out then, surely, we have plenty space on the cap...... thats before we talk about all the younger players that have left recently..... ganson,forsythe and im sure theres more......i honestly believe we will suprise fans with a few good signings soon and i do believe hastings will be a wiganer next year
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

DaveO wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:48 pm
wall_of_voodoo wrote:
DaveO wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:48 pm Eh? Transfer fees don’t count on the cap and I can’t see Leeds paying £400k to have Hastings effectively on loan for 11 games.

DaveO wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:48 pmDon’t be so bloody sensitive. You mentioned crippling Wigan’s salary cap. The only figure to do with money you mentioned was the fee so I thought you meant that crippled our cap. Got it?
So you didn't read what I wrote and it is my fault? You have a history of this DaveO and I think you become so obsessed in imparting your opinion that you can't even be sure exactly who you re replying to
DaveO wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:48 pm How exactly does Leeds signing him for 11 games affect our salary cap? If he’s already signed a contract it won’t. If he hasn’t then if Leeds are paying £400k they aren’t paying £400k for 11 games and he’s going there.
Well IF Wigan have signed him already (which I doubt) then why would Leeds (or any other club for that matter) attempt to sign him for the remainder of this season as the newspaper suggest? It would suggest would it not, that Wigan have either another "gentleman's agreement" or have not actually agreed terms with Hastings or do you disagree with that?

Bearing that in mind and the fact Leeds are allegedly attempting to recruit him (from the story - not me) then that WILL push his asking price up or do you disagree that in this scenario Hastings will not move for more money to Leeds but for the love of playing for Wigan? By Leeds openly admitting they are chasing him for this season then they are increasing Jackson Hastings market value in their desperation to stay up or do you not agree with that?

Logic now dictates that if Wigan are still after Hasting and have been "fannying around" with the terms, then it WILL cost Wigan more because of Leeds' renewed interest. Yes or no DaveO????
DaveO wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:48 pm I wasn’t being condescending. I had no idea what you were on about.
Admitting that you couldn't be arsed to understand a post to such a degree you assume everybody has no idea whatsoever of the rules and regulations of the game as you do. What exactly were you being then DaveO?

Either way if Wigan have NOT already agreed terms with Jackson Hastings then Wigan will have to fork out more of their "limited" salary cap to recruit him thus meaning less for further recruitment. Do you agree with that or need that explaining? Hence my comments about Hetherington even if Leeds don't sign Hastings it will "damage" Wigan as a result
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
DaveO

Jackson Hastings ???

Post by DaveO »

wall_of_voodoo wrote:
DaveO wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:48 pm
wall_of_voodoo wrote:

DaveO wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:48 pmDon’t be so bloody sensitive. You mentioned crippling Wigan’s salary cap. The only figure to do with money you mentioned was the fee so I thought you meant that crippled our cap. Got it?
So you didn't read what I wrote and it is my fault? You have a history of this DaveO and I think you become so obsessed in imparting your opinion that you can't even be sure exactly who you re replying to
DaveO wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:48 pm How exactly does Leeds signing him for 11 games affect our salary cap? If he’s already signed a contract it won’t. If he hasn’t then if Leeds are paying £400k they aren’t paying £400k for 11 games and he’s going there.
Well IF Wigan have signed him already (which I doubt) then why would Leeds (or any other club for that matter) attempt to sign him for the remainder of this season as the newspaper suggest? It would suggest would it not, that Wigan have either another "gentleman's agreement" or have not actually agreed terms with Hastings or do you disagree with that?

Bearing that in mind and the fact Leeds are allegedly attempting to recruit him (from the story - not me) then that WILL push his asking price up or do you disagree that in this scenario Hastings will not move for more money to Leeds but for the love of playing for Wigan? By Leeds openly admitting they are chasing him for this season then they are increasing Jackson Hastings market value in their desperation to stay up or do you not agree with that?

Logic now dictates that if Wigan are still after Hasting and have been "fannying around" with the terms, then it WILL cost Wigan more because of Leeds' renewed interest. Yes or no DaveO????
DaveO wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:48 pm I wasn’t being condescending. I had no idea what you were on about.
Admitting that you couldn't be arsed to understand a post to such a degree you assume everybody has no idea whatsoever of the rules and regulations of the game as you do. What exactly were you being then DaveO?

Either way if Wigan have NOT already agreed terms with Jackson Hastings then Wigan will have to fork out more of their "limited" salary cap to recruit him thus meaning less for further recruitment. Do you agree with that or need that explaining? Hence my comments about Hetherington even if Leeds don't sign Hastings it will "damage" Wigan as a result
You are the one who linked the fee to Wigans salary cap and they aren’t linked.

This is what you posted.
I cannot see any club paying that sum of money for essentially 10 games unless attempting to bump his value up so much it cripples Wigan's salary cap plans
A solute nonsense. How much Leeds are supposed to have offered in a fee for 10 or 11 games has no bearing on what wages Wigan must offer him to come here. If you had said they’d offered him a massive contract to move to Leeds permanently to try and make Wigan outbid them on wages thus crippling Wigan’s salary cap then you would have a point but you didn’t did you?

Before accusing people of being thick you might try making sense of you own posts because what you posted above doesn’t make any.