Jackson Hastings ???

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
endoman

Re: Jackson Hastings ???

Post by endoman »

Haven't seen any communication from Lenagan since prior to Barcelona, it's quite astonishing. Did I miss something? Rads has done the recent stuff.

I have to work with corporate people who also give you the silent treatment, yet claim you are not " communicating" Is it a new thing I have missed in how we live?
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

I dont think Dave is being negative IL and KR are running one of the most famous rugby clubs in the world in the most amateurish way possible fan communication cost nothing but means everything to them the way they conduct themselves in transfer dealings is behond staggering for someone with there backgrounds holding all this hastings stuff back when the world and there dogs know only convinces me more there transfer and recruiting skills are inept to say the least
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Rads claimed we were signing more players in the next few weeks..... he said this when we signed clark and bibby...... im sure that was more than a few weeks ago
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Fan4Fifty

Post by Fan4Fifty »

Communication seems to have turned full circle since the early days of IL's ownership - fans forums, focus groups (do they still exist?), Loyal 18 etc... I think I read a couple of months ago a comment from IL that he didn't plan on taking any more games 'on the road' because he'd taken so much stick from fans. Does anyone else who's a bit closer to the club have the feeling that he has 'fallen out' with fans? But then again things can change so quickly if/when Hastings is confirmed and if we get a couple of good, rugged forwards to give him a platform ... he's certainly a talent.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

People generally accept outcomes far more readily when they understand the process that lead to that outcome. It would have been no trouble at all for the club to update us on progress, even if it is as simple as “please bear in mind that announcements on player negotiations can only be made once the player, and both clubs are happy for them to be made”. Which of course is true, and anyone can deduce it, but it might give us more sense of a club in control of its future. I must say though that those who are lambasting the club for not saying anything in this instance are wrong.

If we do sign Hastings and a top class prop, I trust those who laid into the club on the basis that Bibby and Clark were going to be it will have second thoughts. As ever, you only know whether progress is being made when you have the full picture.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Fan4Fifty wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:32 am Communication seems to have turned full circle since the early days of IL's ownership - fans forums, focus groups (do they still exist?), Loyal 18 etc... I think I read a couple of months ago a comment from IL that he didn't plan on taking any more games 'on the road' because he'd taken so much stick from fans. Does anyone else who's a bit closer to the club have the feeling that he has 'fallen out' with fans? But then again things can change so quickly if/when Hastings is confirmed and if we get a couple of good, rugged forwards to give him a platform ... he's certainly a talent.
I get that feeling too,but the remedy is quite simple stop taking games on the road,no other club treat fans this badly,the game to Australia has been far more damaging than the club are letting on.

Treat your fan base poorly and they will just bugger off and not return,I think lenegans time is coming to an end he does seem to have got if not bored then perhaps tired with the running of the club he’s not getting any younger either.
wigtop

Post by wigtop »

From what I have observed in Paris, Australia (twice), Montpellier, Perpignan, Millwall, Barcelona, fans have really enjoyed the travel opportunity with a purpose. Thank goodness not all fans are negative. :D
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

wigtop wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:00 pm From what I have observed in Paris, Australia (twice), Montpellier, Perpignan, Millwall, Barcelona, fans have really enjoyed the travel opportunity with a purpose. Thank goodness not all fans are negative. :D
Agree re Millwall & Barcelona.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:02 am People generally accept outcomes far more readily when they understand the process that lead to that outcome. It would have been no trouble at all for the club to update us on progress, even if it is as simple as “please bear in mind that announcements on player negotiations can only be made once the player, and both clubs are happy for them to be made”. Which of course is true, and anyone can deduce it, but it might give us more sense of a club in control of its future. I must say though that those who are lambasting the club for not saying anything in this instance are wrong.

If we do sign Hastings and a top class prop, I trust those who laid into the club on the basis that Bibby and Clark were going to be it will have second thoughts. As ever, you only know whether progress is being made when you have the full picture.
Sorry but that doesn't make much sense. You just explained a way the club could have communicated better about Hastings but then said people criticizing the club for saying nothing are wrong. :?

As to people laying into the club because the signings of Clarke and Bibby were going to be it, that is a strawman because as far as I can recall no one said that. What they did was suggest these signings are uninspiring in their own right (which they are) particularly when Rads came out with the nonsense he did about Clarke.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

wigtop wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:00 pm From what I have observed in Paris, Australia (twice), Montpellier, Perpignan, Millwall, Barcelona, fans have really enjoyed the travel opportunity with a purpose. Thank goodness not all fans are negative. :D
I am sure they did but these ventures have failed to generate the sponsorship and revenue IL said they would. So for those who can afford it, nice trips but that is all they were. For the rest who could either not afford to go or could not go for other reasons it's a loss of a home fixture.

The annoyance about that was compounded by outright spin like when it was the Millwall game (think it was that one) saying fans hadn't really lost out because the season ticket price had not gone up from the season before in actual cost. Absolutely ridiculous because again, those who could not go lost a fixture and had to pay more for fewer games so it was an increase. It's doing things like that why IL got stick.