Jackson Hastings ???

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
DaveO

Re: Jackson Hastings ???

Post by DaveO »

fozzieskem wrote:
Wiganer Ted wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:27 pm He's been offered $aud500k from NRL clubs. If he stayed at Wigan and was even better still which he probably will be then he could be offered $aud1m a season from 2021.
Hope he comes to us!
The Australian dollars no?

He’d be on similar money here at Wigan surely if not more and I’m sorry Southport beach is just as good as Bondi beach (if you close your eyes etc)
$aud500k is £270k at today’s exchange rate. I’d be surprised if we were paying him that much but it also shows $aud500k isn’t a long way from top wages here. For some reason I obviously can’t verify I always tend to think wages will top out here at £250k even for marquee players but if I am right and he would want out for £20k having agreed such a lucrative deal I’d be disappointed.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

DaveO wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:39 pm
fozzieskem wrote:
Wiganer Ted wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:27 pm He's been offered $aud500k from NRL clubs. If he stayed at Wigan and was even better still which he probably will be then he could be offered $aud1m a season from 2021.
Hope he comes to us!

He’d be on similar money here at Wigan surely if not more and I’m sorry Southport beach is just as good as Bondi beach (if you close your eyes etc)
$aud500k is £270k at today’s exchange rate. I’d be surprised if we were paying him that much but it also shows $aud500k isn’t a long way from top wages here. For some reason I obviously can’t verify I always tend to think wages will top out here at £250k even for marquee players but if I am right and he would want out for £20k having agreed such a lucrative deal I’d be disappointed.
I was sort of basing it on a similar figure Dave,a max of 250k or at a much 260k fish (guess work of course) is for him to go for the headline figure of 500k aus is tempting but in reality its not much more than a guesstimate that wigan have offered,ive no doubt he won't be at Wigan long, if he arrives at all of course but he seems a genuine bloke so lets hope that carries on here too.
Last edited by fozzieskem on Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Woody1989

Post by Woody1989 »

fozzieskem wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:02 pm
DaveO wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:39 pm
fozzieskem wrote:

I was sort of basing it on a similar figure Dave,a max of 250k or at a much 160k fish (guess work of course) is for him to go for the headline figure of 500k aus is tempting but in reality its not much more than a guesstimate that wigan have offered,ive no doubt he won't be at Wigan long, if he arrives at all of course but he seems a genuine bloke so lets hope that carries on here too.
He does seem genuine, however I thought Edwards was as well! I guess we'll have to see but I'd be monumentally pissed off if he chooses to go elsewhere. Particularly when other potential candidates such as James Maloney are now off the market.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

And therein lies the problem..

The spectre of the Edwards fiasco lies over anything and almost every deal the club is doing,the abject stupidity of that deal has shattered trust between supporters and the club and it’s going to take time to heal the rift
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

I would hope that what i have seen and heard him say he is a genuine guy and a season at Wigan would be good for him before he goes to the NRL , he is only young yet so lots of time .
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

I would hope that what i have seen and heard him say he is a genuine guy and a season at Wigan would be good for him before he goes to the NRL , he is only young yet so lots of time .
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Hastings has now rubbished the rumour hew won't be at Wigan next season and even went further saying the NRL wasn't a consideration. Reckons it was coming to SL that sorted him out so he's happy here.

If that is how he feels any agent getting within 10 feet of him trying to change his mind needs to be shot!

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/wigan- ... 1-10049147
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

DaveO wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:52 pm Hastings has now rubbished the rumour hew won't be at Wigan next season and even went further saying the NRL wasn't a consideration. Reckons it was coming to SL that sorted him out so he's happy here.

If that is how he feels any agent getting within 10 feet of him trying to change his mind needs to be shot!

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/wigan- ... 1-10049147
Give me the gun :lol:
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

I'm confident that Jackson will play for us next season. He strikes me as an honourable bloke and after all, it's only a season if he really wants to leave. If circumstances change then the chairman will need to insist that the contract is honoured and forget about the cash. Everyone now sees us as a selling club and at some point we have to change this. I think that one of the major factors for diminishing crowds at the DW in recent years is that we've sold our best players when the aussies come calling. I understand why this has happened but it can't be allowed to continue if we want to be seen as a major force in world rugby league.
mjdodge13

Post by mjdodge13 »

500k sounds a lot, but in Australia it isn’t. A top playmaker will easily earn double that and then some. Hastings will be well aware another good season will secure that so have no fear he will be for next season.

For example Bateman (an untested NRL English back row) is in on 400k and after a good season is after double......Obviously through his agent.

The figures are all very accessible in the Aussie media.