Jackson Hastings ???

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
jaws1

Re: Jackson Hastings ???

Post by jaws1 »

Firestarter wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:03 pm
shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:59 pm
Green Machine wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:06 am Whilst I applaud the signing of Hastings I do have reservations about the get out clause. Are we saying that should a NRL club come after him we just let him go? Where does that leave us then with virtually no half back?
Has this get out clause been confirmed?
We havent even confirmed his signing yet which is odd
Hastings has said in the past it is bad for a player to wear his next clubs jersey when still contracted .Bibby did this and he said its in bad taste question is if he is signed who has leaked the info to the press when he categorically said this.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

jaws1 wrote:
Firestarter wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:03 pm
shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:59 pm Has this get out clause been confirmed?
We havent even confirmed his signing yet which is odd
Hastings has said in the past it is bad for a player to wear his next clubs jersey when still contracted .Bibby did this and he said its in bad taste question is if he is signed who has leaked the info to the press when he categorically said this.
There is no need for him to come along and put the shirt on but when it gets to the stage every man and his dog knows it’s a done deal it it all gets a bit farcical.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Obviously the lad has morals (e.g. playing out this year with Salford, out of loyalty) which is to be applauded this day and age and may well have agreements in place with us not to disclose details of his move, until an agreed date ?
In this case, I suppose IL is honour-bound not to disclose the signing yet.
Or there could be a contractual hitch with Williams' move to the Raiders which is holding things up, but I think it's mostly to do with the Hastings angle.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

It’s not official until Josie has his phone number 😂
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Nezza Faz wrote:Obviously the lad has morals (e.g. playing out this year with Salford, out of loyalty) which is to be applauded this day and age and may well have agreements in place with us not to disclose details of his move, until an agreed date ?
In this case, I suppose IL is honour-bound not to disclose the signing yet.
Or there could be a contractual hitch with Williams' move to the Raiders which is holding things up, but I think it's mostly to do with the Hastings angle.
It could be for any of those reasons but if signings are allowed mid season once a deal is done and everyone knows it’s been done just what is the point of not announcing it?

I am sure his teammates know he’s leaving so while it might be a laudable attitude not to don the shirt it seems pointless to me to not announce the signing. We all knew Pat Richards was leaving and where he was off to but he didn’t stop doing his best for us and no one expected him to.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Ha : ;)
Just been announced by Sky, on their "SL Fulltime" highlights show that he's joining us next season ! :D
Typical of Sky !! Presume the thread can be removed from "Rumours" now ?
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Whilst I agree that Hastings' signing could/should have been announced 5 or 6 weeks ago, I also suspect there's another angle that hasn't been mentioned.

The non-announcement has resulted in weeks of speculation and comment, on here, other forums, in the press and on-line. If it had been announced in May, wouldn't it have died down after a week or so?

If you were in charge of publicity, I think you may be rubbing your hands together and thinking about asking for a bonus?
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

morley pie eater wrote:Whilst I agree that Hastings' signing could/should have been announced 5 or 6 weeks ago, I also suspect there's another angle that hasn't been mentioned.

The non-announcement has resulted in weeks of speculation and comment, on here, other forums, in the press and on-line. If it had been announced in May, wouldn't it have died down after a week or so?

If you were in charge of publicity, I think you may be rubbing your hands together and thinking about asking for a bonus?
Except most of the reaction to the non announcement from Wigan fans is negative and when it is announced it will be tell us something we don’t know.

Other clubs are announcing signings so their fans will be optimistic. We on the other hand are left wondering if our squad will ever be strengthened, whether IL shook hands on the deal or has really signed him or if we have been beaten to the punch by Leeds.

If they combine it with Williams announcing he’s off then it will just be seen as more stage management.
bertina

Post by bertina »

DaveO wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:15 pm
morley pie eater wrote:Whilst I agree that Hastings' signing could/should have been announced 5 or 6 weeks ago, I also suspect there's another angle that hasn't been mentioned.

Except most of the reaction to the non announcement from Wigan fans is negative and when it is announced it will be tell us something we don’t know.

Other clubs are announcing signings so their fans will be optimistic. We on the other hand are left wondering if our squad will ever be strengthened, whether IL shook hands on the deal or has really signed him or if we have been beaten to the punch by Leeds.

If they combine it with Williams announcing he’s off then it will just be seen as more stage management.
Oh come on Dave, let’s try and see some positivity for once.
We have had a lot of sickeners this year, but be fair, to get Hastings is good work by the powers that be.
Hopefully to be followed by one or maybe two more.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

ancientnloyal wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:44 pm It’s not official until Josie has his phone number 😂
:lol: