Jackson Hastings ???

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Exiled Wiganer

Re: Jackson Hastings ???

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Having re read my previous post, the distinction I was drawing was between the hysterical criticism about not announcing Hastings, as if the club can control it. They don’t help themselves but it isn’t as simple as those determined to find fault in anything and everything would have it.
As to the signings, huge numbers of the same people determined to find fault in everything worked on the basis that our recruitment was hopeless without 1) acknowledging what gems we had in Partington and Smithies, and 2) waiting to see the full picture. To get hysterical about some hyperbole around one of the signings shows the snowflake find offence in anything view too prevalent in society these days. We will know how well we have recruited when we have finished recruiting.

And the signs are promising. Hastings for Williams would be a big step up.
benjamaphone

Post by benjamaphone »

Not sure how much truth there is in this but heard through a Salford fan who has links to a lot of the players that there is a rumour going round linking Hastings with NZ Warriors sooner rather than later...

Hoping it's all nonsense but apparently he can just walk out of his contract whenever? Seems like a stretch to me but who knows!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

benjamaphone wrote:Not sure how much truth there is in this but heard through a Salford fan who has links to a lot of the players that there is a rumour going round linking Hastings with NZ Warriors sooner rather than later...

Hoping it's all nonsense but apparently he can just walk out of his contract whenever? Seems like a stretch to me but who knows!
I hope it’s all nonsense as well. If it came to pass we “signed” him but he never played for us that is as bad as the Edwards saga all over again.
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

DaveO wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:36 pm
benjamaphone wrote:Not sure how much truth there is in this but heard through a Salford fan who has links to a lot of the players that there is a rumour going round linking Hastings with NZ Warriors sooner rather than later...

I hope it’s all nonsense as well. If it came to pass we “signed” him but he never played for us that is as bad as the Edwards saga all over again.
It would be worse than Edwards IMO . We knew we had Lam this year and people would base their decision to buy season tickets for 2019 on that fact . Hastings playing for Wigan 2020 is a big selling point as far as season tickets 2020 is concerned and many have been bought already on that basis . For him to pull out before the season start would leave Wigan with no credibility at all .

Reagards EW
Last edited by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR on Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2002 and EW is hooked
Levrier

Post by Levrier »

I would find it unbelievable to imagine us offering a contract to a player that they could tear up even before they had played. That would be criminal on the part of the club. That he could leave after one season may not be far fetched. Having said that the rumours about young Lachlan Lam seemed a bit strange given our squad for next season so perhaps 1+1=2. :roll:
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Levrier wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:28 pm I would find it unbelievable to imagine us offering a contract to a player that they could tear up even before they had played. That would be criminal on the part of the club. That he could leave after one season may not be far fetched. Having said that the rumours about young Lachlan Lam seemed a bit strange given our squad for next season so perhaps 1+1=2. :roll:
Does Hastings have a written contract or verbal one?

Has he potentially found a loophole in the section we allow him to talk to NRL clubs if they come sniffing?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Nothing would surprise me after the Edwards fiasco.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Is this the same Jackson Hastings who turned down Wigan last year because he had a sense of duty to Salford?

I’m as cynical as the next man but this has no legs this story I’m sure of it,and I’m not sure of owt nowadays
jobo

Post by jobo »

fozzieskem wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:18 pm Is this the same Jackson Hastings who turned down Wigan last year because he had a sense of duty to Salford?

I’m as cynical as the next man but this has no legs this story I’m sure of it,and I’m not sure of owt nowadays
It's a "I've been told post" this but I have been told that he's definitely with us next year, under contract, with a break clause in his favour after 12 months.

The unpalatable truth is that should a NRL side come in for him, the amount of money they pay a capable half back would dwarf the amount he would earn over here but he is our player for 2020.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

jobo wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:24 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:18 pm Is this the same Jackson Hastings who turned down Wigan last year because he had a sense of duty to Salford?

It's a "I've been told post" this but I have been told that he's definitely with us next year, under contract, with a break clause in his favour after 12 months.

The unpalatable truth is that should a NRL side come in for him, the amount of money they pay a capable half back would dwarf the amount he would earn over here but he is our player for 2020.
Thats as I understand it, here for one year maybe gone the next, i just don't see him trashing the wigan move but if the NRL comes then yes of course he will go, but I do expect him here next season.