Jackson Hastings ???

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Post Reply
User avatar
Wigan_forever1985
Posts: 5227
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:50 pm

Re: Jackson Hastings ???

Post by Wigan_forever1985 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:06 am

Might be putting 2 and 2 together and getting 20 here but

if Leeds were planning on bringing Hastings in this season - could that explain why Watkins is leaving mid season?
Always be yourself - unless you can be Dan Bilzerian then ALWAYS be Dan Bilzerian!

ancientnloyal
Posts: 14019
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:33 pm
Location: Howe Bridge
Contact:

Re: Jackson Hastings ???

Post by ancientnloyal » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:28 am

Ddftf is usually there or there abouts...


I would expect an announcement to be made once relegation/playoffs have been negotiated for both Clubs.

Williams will be announced as a Canberra player in August 2020 just in time for his debut for them
Rugby, Family and Strava... that’s about it for me to be honest!

Ellery Hanley our Crown Jewel 💎

Lazy J
Posts: 228
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2003 4:08 pm

Re: Jackson Hastings ???

Post by Lazy J » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:33 pm

Leeds fans reckon its a done deal for them £275,000 for this season, but only when Salford are safe, not sure how that works they're on the same points as us,
There are 10 types of people, those who get binary and those who dont!

Barney841
Posts: 607
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:24 am

Re: Jackson Hastings ???

Post by Barney841 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:37 pm

Lazy J wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:33 pm
Leeds fans reckon its a done deal for them £275,000 for this season, but only when Salford are safe, not sure how that works they're on the same points as us,
Wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest. IL and KR are know for dragging there feet.
Would some it up for me really

ian.birchall
Posts: 3083
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2003 9:42 pm

Re: Jackson Hastings ???

Post by ian.birchall » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:28 pm

DaveO wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:14 pm
Wiganer Ted wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:41 pm
Or perhaps they know he's signed up at Wigan and have just put out this story of a bid for mega money to placate their already disgruntled supporters in the knowledge it won't (can't) be taken up.
Why on earth would they raise expectations they know cannot be met? Giving their supporters false hope leads to disappointment as we well know from our own recent experience.

In any case indulging in that sort of ploy is just not realistic. They would have to go through the motions of making a formal offer. That is a lot of work to indulge in a weak bit of PR the intention of which is to mislead their own fans.
Well Dave I can agree that but sounds as if they are learning from Lenahan and Shaun Edwards. 😬
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.


Now Europe is just for holidays.

User avatar
wall_of_voodoo
Posts: 926
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:51 am

Re: Jackson Hastings ???

Post by wall_of_voodoo » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:51 pm

DaveO wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:53 pm

You are the one who linked the fee to Wigans salary cap and they aren’t linked.

This is what you posted.
I cannot see any club paying that sum of money for essentially 10 games unless attempting to bump his value up so much it cripples Wigan's salary cap plans
See DaveO you are at it again. Posting quotes out of context in an attempt to justify you not reading it but just going off on one as you always do

Did I or did I not ask other posters to read the link before making comments?
Leeds have made an approach to sign Salford half-back Jackson Hastings with immediate effect as they aim to avoid relegation from Super League.

Hastings is one of the most sought-after players in Super League at the moment.
The Rhinos wanted to sign Hastings for the rest of this year, but the Red Devils turned around and said they wanted £400k for him to go midway through the season. The battle for Hastings goes on!
There I posted the story just for you DaveO

Please answer the point I raised last time. Why would a club want to sign Jackson Hastings (and be quoted a figure of £400K to do it) If he was already signed, sealed and delivered to say Wigan for example??
DaveO wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:53 pm
A solute nonsense. How much Leeds are supposed to have offered in a fee for 10 or 11 games has no bearing on what wages Wigan must offer him to come here. If you had said they’d offered him a massive contract to move to Leeds permanently to try and make Wigan outbid them on wages thus crippling Wigan’s salary cap then you would have a point but you didn’t did you?
How often in the past have players and agents used linking Wigan with a players recruitment just to bump his market value up? So with Leeds entering the chase for him (allegedly) would that not raise Jackson Hastings market value up? Would that mean if we haven't agreed terms with him as of yet that we will now have to pay more just to beat off Leeds' interest?

I should not have to explain to you that I know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap so why would you need it in order for you to understand what any poster ever posts?

Please answer these and not ignore the points I raise like the last post where I asked you questions you nicely side-tracked. You seem absolutely confident that Hastings has signed by your posts not showing one element of doubt about this entire "saga" and I for one hope you are right. If not, we have serious issues behind the scenes

Simple fact was you did not read the story and just decided to ridicule (not for the first time) another poster. Jesus DaveO , you always attempt to impart your thought and sometimes I agree, but sometime you DO come across as totally facetious and arrogant and I don't care if you like that comment or not
DaveO wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:53 pm
Before accusing people of being thick you might try making sense of you own posts because what you posted above doesn’t make any.
Perhaps I might say you should read the thread and the context of the posts properly rather than just blurting out your opinion and then attempting to turn the fact you have made yourself look like an arse around with yet more condescending remarks

I am not going to reply to your comments on this thread any further. What I will say is that I hope we do sign Hastings but have a distinct feeling he will return to Australia

Still it will give you something else to moan about :roll:

Just glad I never mentioned brexit :mrgreen:
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:

DaveO
Posts: 14260
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2002 5:32 pm

Re: Jackson Hastings ???

Post by DaveO » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:53 pm

wall_of_voodoo wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:51 pm
DaveO wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:53 pm

You are the one who linked the fee to Wigans salary cap and they aren’t linked.

This is what you posted.
I cannot see any club paying that sum of money for essentially 10 games unless attempting to bump his value up so much it cripples Wigan's salary cap plans
See DaveO you are at it again. Posting quotes out of context in an attempt to justify you not reading it but just going off on one as you always do
I am going off on one? The only person who has gone off on one is you with your ridiculous response and over reaction to my reply to your original post.

As to taking things out of context, if you can't see the sentence of yours I quoted above links the fee Leeds were supposed to be paying to Wigan's salary cap, that is your problem not mine.
Did I or did I not ask other posters to read the link before making comments?
Leeds have made an approach to sign Salford half-back Jackson Hastings with immediate effect as they aim to avoid relegation from Super League.

Hastings is one of the most sought-after players in Super League at the moment.
The Rhinos wanted to sign Hastings for the rest of this year, but the Red Devils turned around and said they wanted £400k for him to go midway through the season. The battle for Hastings goes on!
There I posted the story just for you DaveO
Good for you. Pity you then went on to link the fee to Wigan's salary cap.
Please answer the point I raised last time. Why would a club want to sign Jackson Hastings (and be quoted a figure of £400K to do it) If he was already signed, sealed and delivered to say Wigan for example??
Not to screw up Wigan's salary cap which is what your post implied paying a fee would do. If he'd already signed for Wigan, the contract is signed so Leeds offering a million quid would not affect Wigan's cap.

DaveO wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:53 pm
A solute nonsense. How much Leeds are supposed to have offered in a fee for 10 or 11 games has no bearing on what wages Wigan must offer him to come here. If you had said they’d offered him a massive contract to move to Leeds permanently to try and make Wigan outbid them on wages thus crippling Wigan’s salary cap then you would have a point but you didn’t did you?
How often in the past have players and agents used linking Wigan with a players recruitment just to bump his market value up? So with Leeds entering the chase for him (allegedly) would that not raise Jackson Hastings market value up? Would that mean if we haven't agreed terms with him as of yet that we will now have to pay more just to beat off Leeds' interest?
What has that got to do with it? Your original post linked the transfer fee to Wigan's salary cap. Wigan aren't paying a fee for him as he is a free agent next year. If his agent wants to try and get someone to pay £400k now, good luck to him but it won't be Wigan.

If Leeds want Hastings and the contract with Wigan is not signed they can outbid Wigan on wages if they want but that is not what you said.

I should not have to explain to you that I know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap so why would you need it in order for you to understand what any poster ever posts?

Please answer these and not ignore the points I raise like the last post where I asked you questions you nicely side-tracked. You seem absolutely confident that Hastings has signed by your posts not showing one element of doubt about this entire "saga" and I for one hope you are right. If not, we have serious issues behind the scenes
So you excuse for linking the fee to Wigan's salary cap is people ought to know you know better. Brilliant.
Simple fact was you did not read the story and just decided to ridicule (not for the first time) another poster. Jesus DaveO , you always attempt to impart your thought and sometimes I agree, but sometime you DO come across as totally facetious and arrogant and I don't care if you like that comment or not
I didn't ridicule. You on the other hand have gone off on one accusing me being "thick" and now " facetious and arrogant".
DaveO wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:53 pm
Before accusing people of being thick you might try making sense of you own posts because what you posted above doesn’t make any.
Perhaps I might say you should read the thread and the context of the posts properly rather than just blurting out your opinion and then attempting to turn the fact you have made yourself look like an arse around with yet more condescending remarks
I read it all right and unlike you, it didn't link the fee to Wigan's salary cap. Hence the original repose querying why you posted.

I am not going to reply to your comments on this thread any further.
Thank God for that.

medlocke
Posts: 8251
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:57 am
Contact:

Re: Jackson Hastings ???

Post by medlocke » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:09 pm

Leeds on the verge of signing both Hastings and Lui

User avatar
Wigan_forever1985
Posts: 5227
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:50 pm

Re: Jackson Hastings ???

Post by Wigan_forever1985 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:41 pm

medlocke wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:09 pm
Leeds on the verge of signing both Hastings and Lui
Surely one or the other?

If they offload Parcell i think we should go in for him personally
Always be yourself - unless you can be Dan Bilzerian then ALWAYS be Dan Bilzerian!

medlocke
Posts: 8251
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:57 am
Contact:

Re: Jackson Hastings ???

Post by medlocke » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:26 pm

Wigan_forever1985 wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:41 pm
medlocke wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:09 pm
Leeds on the verge of signing both Hastings and Lui
Surely one or the other?

If they offload Parcell i think we should go in for him personally
Dunno, It's mentioned on serious about rugby and with rumours of Richardson, Has the brains trust failed again

Post Reply