Jackson Hastings ???

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Warrior20

Re: Jackson Hastings ???

Post by Warrior20 »

Tricky Dicky1 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:26 am Jacko was the best player on the field by a country mile on Friday.

He will transform the way the Wigan team play next year.

We have been screaming out for a quality 7 and at long last we have signed one.
What match were you watching? He was not the best player on the pitch on Friday by a long way.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Hastings is a very good signing.
As for Friday I thought he was very good, just what we need.
Perhaps he didn't want the announcement made until Friday's fixture between Wigan and Salford had been played.
We may need another very good quality signing depending on the extent of Lockers injury.
Smithies might be the heir apparent but at 18 it is surely too much responsibility for him for the next couple of seasons.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:59 am Hastings is a very good signing.
As for Friday I thought he was very good, just what we need.
Perhaps he didn't want the announcement made until Friday's fixture between Wigan and Salford had been played.
We may need another very good quality signing depending on the extent of Lockers injury.
Smithies might be the heir apparent but at 18 it is surely too much responsibility for him for the next couple of seasons.
Thought that he did not wanted it announced until after the seasons end that what he said on twitter .
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Honestly I doubt it’ll be announced anytime soon,of course now I’ve said that.. :)
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:29 am
Green Machine wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:06 am Whilst I applaud the signing of Hastings I do have reservations about the get out clause. Are we saying that should a NRL club come after him we just let him go? Where does that leave us then with virtually no half back?
I wouldnt worry he will do a year - williams will be back after a year having failed to break into the team in the NRL
Williams will be in the Canberra team, many on here said the same about Sutton and they have been proved wrong. The only way George will come back is if he is homesick.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
shaunedwardsfanclub

Green Machine wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:06 am Whilst I applaud the signing of Hastings I do have reservations about the get out clause. Are we saying that should a NRL club come after him we just let him go? Where does that leave us then with virtually no half back?
Has this get out clause been confirmed?
shaunedwardsfanclub

Woody1989 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:42 am Good to see that it's finally over the line. I can't believe we've actually managed to bring in one of the leagues top players. I can't remember the last time we replaced a departing player with someone demonstrably better.

Now let's hope they crack on and bring in a few more.
We will need to let players go if we are to make further signings, save for T, who do you suggest we release?
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:57 pm
I wouldnt worry he will do a year - williams will be back after a year having failed to break into the team in the NRL
Williams will be in the Canberra team, many on here said the same about Sutton and they have been proved wrong. The only way George will come back is if he is homesick.
I think, he will be a revalation next season he needs to leave wigan to complete his training as a half back, like Luke trying to find the force he will find his own Yoda over in Canberra.

As for Sutton,few believed he had whatever has been awoken in him, shame he didn't show more of it while he was at wigan maybe?
shaunedwardsfanclub

fozzieskem wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:30 pm
shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:57 pm

I think, he will be a revalation next season he needs to leave wigan to complete his training as a half back, like Luke trying to find the force he will find his own Yoda over in Canberra.

As for Sutton,few believed he had whatever has been awoken in him, shame he didn't show more of it while he was at wigan maybe?
I disagree, I think Sutty was an outstanding young forward at Wigan and very underrated. He is a clever rugby player and Canberra are starting to get the best out of him. The lad will only get better and as I said two years ago he will become a international. Together with Flower they were easily our best props and unfortunately we have not been able to replace him.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:59 pm
Has this get out clause been confirmed?
We havent even confirmed his signing yet which is odd
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE