Bevan French

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
wall_of_voodoo

Re: Bevan French

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Wes wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:58 am He’d be the fastest player in super league and he’s only in lower league sure to guthertson taking his spot, it’s a yes from me.
If it's just down to signing the fastest players then why not recruit the 100m sprint champions?

If we want a stand off then bloody sign one and not go around pretending that just because French is quick that it will make him a natural stand off
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

DaveO wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:24 pm
Fujiman wrote:Wasn't Frano converted to a good no 6?
He was a fly half in RU before he switched to league. So he was a half back before he ever got to league.
Exactly

When Botica started out for us he played wing. He never played stand off though with an inexperienced half back partner or crap pack. That is the difference to bringing a winger/fullback into a key position and simply expecting it to work because he is quick enough to be able to play there

You could argue he could play prop and we would have the fastest prop in SL :roll:
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
pedro

Post by pedro »

wall_of_voodoo wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:06 pm
Wes wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:58 am He’d be the fastest player in super league and he’s only in lower league sure to guthertson taking his spot, it’s a yes from me.
If it's just down to signing the fastest players then why not recruit the 100m sprint champions?

If we want a stand off then bloody sign one and not go around pretending that just because French is quick that it will make him a natural stand off
because they cant play rugby as dwain chambers showed
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Can’t believe people are getting so excited about a 23 year old who hasn’t played NRL this year despite playing a number of games the previous few years.

I also cannot believe people are comparing him to great players who switched positions. I may as well throw Darren Lockyers name in who converted from 1 to 6 very successfully.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Also cant believe hes being critised before hes played( for us) or even signed
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Firestarter wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:46 am Also cant believe hes being critised before hes played( for us) or even signed
He isn't though is he?

If he signs then we will have signed probably one of the fastest wingers in SL. Might even make a really good full back. The issue I have (and to be fair so do others) is that he is being talked of as a half back for Wigan

Do you personally think that would make sense?

Do you think if we want props then we as a club should sign props? Do you think if we need another half back to partner Jackson Hastings that we should perhaps sign a half back?

What is it with fans obsessing over playing players out of position just because they think in their opinion it would be a good idea?

We are struggling to bring players in under the guise of the salary cap yet when we as a club spend the money it is to potentially recruit someone to play out of his natural position.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... b1e0eeccda
PARRAMATTA could lose Bevan French, with the exciting young talent willing to leave the club in order to play fullback.
French is currently playing on the wing for the Eels, but he wants to add to his tally of 25 NRL games he’s featured in the custodian role.

With the 22-year-old stuck behind Clint Gutherson in the fullback pecking order and Blake Ferguson joining the club in 2019, it could force his hand when he’s able to start negotiating with rival clubs from November 1.

“I’ve had a little chat with my manager and come the end of the year we’ll have a sit down and have a chat about that and chat with the club and see where I sit,” French told The Daily Telegraph.

“A lot of people’s opinion is that I’m a better winger than fullback but I’d be pretty disappointed if I spent my whole career out on the wing.
So he will quit Parramatta and join us to not play full back here :roll:
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

jobo

Post by jobo »

wall_of_voodoo wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:36 pm
Firestarter wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:46 am Also cant believe hes being critised before hes played( for us) or even signed
He isn't though is he?

If he signs then we will have signed probably one of the fastest wingers in SL. Might even make a really good full back. The issue I have (and to be fair so do others) is that he is being talked of as a half back for Wigan

Do you personally think that would make sense?

Do you think if we want props then we as a club should sign props? Do you think if we need another half back to partner Jackson Hastings that we should perhaps sign a half back?

What is it with fans obsessing over playing players out of position just because they think in their opinion it would be a good idea?

We are struggling to bring players in under the guise of the salary cap yet when we as a club spend the money it is to potentially recruit someone to play out of his natural position.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... b1e0eeccda
PARRAMATTA could lose Bevan French, with the exciting young talent willing to leave the club in order to play fullback.
French is currently playing on the wing for the Eels, but he wants to add to his tally of 25 NRL games he’s featured in the custodian role.

With the 22-year-old stuck behind Clint Gutherson in the fullback pecking order and Blake Ferguson joining the club in 2019, it could force his hand when he’s able to start negotiating with rival clubs from November 1.

“I’ve had a little chat with my manager and come the end of the year we’ll have a sit down and have a chat about that and chat with the club and see where I sit,” French told The Daily Telegraph.

“A lot of people’s opinion is that I’m a better winger than fullback but I’d be pretty disappointed if I spent my whole career out on the wing.
So he will quit Parramatta and join us to not play full back here :roll:
😅😅

In defence of all the supposition, he only says he doesn't want to spend his career on the wing. He might be open to playing in the halfs but I'd suggest if that's a position suited to his game, the Aussies would have definitely known and given him a good go at it.
Tricky Dicky1

Post by Tricky Dicky1 »

In Lam we trust.

He knows the Aussie players abilities
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

People have got themselves in a tizzy with this fella no sign that he’s signed but let’s discect him before anyone has seen him play
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

fozzieskem wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:16 pm
People have got themselves in a tizzy with this fella no sign that he’s signed but let’s discect him before anyone has seen him play
thats correct....... also when has lam stated he wants him as a half back?
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE