Bevan French

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: Bevan French

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

fozzieskem wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:16 pm
Firestarter wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:46 am Also cant believe hes being critised before hes played( for us) or even signed
People have got themselves in a tizzy with this fella no sign that he’s signed but let’s discect him before anyone has seen him play
I couldn’t give a shite what people on here think what is important to me is that Wigan are top dogs. By the way that applies to tiddlywinks as well as rugby league.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Done deal according to Tricky Dicky on the site that shall not be named
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

medlocke wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:45 pm Done deal according to Tricky Dicky on the site that shall not be named
can't be true, we all know Wigan cannot find talent themselves and ever get lucky with the youth or steal It from another SL club who have done the hard work.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Firestarter wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:46 am Also cant believe hes being critised before hes played( for us) or even signed
People have got themselves in a tizzy with this fella no sign that he’s signed but let’s discect him before anyone has seen him play
fozzieskem wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:57 pm
DaveO wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:45 pm Phil Wilkinson says there is nothing in this rumour. Tweet from the Wigan Saints press conference.
Good,other areas need attention before yet another fullback/winger l
You changed your tune!

As for those claiming "he has signed". According to this thread he signed on the 9th July, dtftf had already confirmed it (and he is pretty much on the nail with every signing)

Bizarre signing BUT if it is correct does that bring the future of Hardaker into question?

Have Leeds made an approach to sign him and IL has seen the colour of money?

Surely can't be signing to play wing unless we are losing at least one of Burgess/Davies/Manfredi or Marshall?

I hope he is a massive success but I sincerely hope those saying "in Lam we trust" aren't left eating those words if Lam walks at the end of next season and we are left with a "turkey" who can't play stand off

Hope having fast feet translates to being fast between the ears
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

wall_of_voodoo wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:43 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:57 pm
DaveO wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:45 pm Phil Wilkinson says there is nothing in this rumour. Tweet from the Wigan Saints press conference.
Good,other areas need attention before yet another fullback/winger l
You changed your tune!

As for those claiming "he has signed". According to this thread he signed on the 9th July, dtftf had already confirmed it (and he is pretty much on the nail with every signing)

Bizarre signing BUT if it is correct does that bring the future of Hardaker into question?

Have Leeds made an approach to sign him and IL has seen the colour of money?

Surely can't be signing to play wing unless we are losing at least one of Burgess/Davies/Manfredi or Marshall?

I hope he is a massive success but I sincerely hope those saying "in Lam we trust" aren't left eating those words if Lam walks at the end of next season and we are left with a "turkey" who can't play stand off

Hope having fast feet translates to being fast between the ears
Er how have I changed my tune?
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Why does it mean hardaker must be leaving???? He can play all across the threequarters and halves....... maybe, just maybe, lam wants a versatile back on the bench next season...... morgan never fitted in, so maybe thats his plan...... or just maybe its zak to centre and bevan to fullback who knows
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

From Jonh on t'other site
I think we are looking to add significant strike in the halves and that is the idea behind French.

Nearly everything goes through Hastings at Salford. He pretty much controls both sides in attack, hence why I think they were happy to let Lui join Leeds.

I think he will totally dominate our creative/organisation just as he does at Salford and we will use French to add pace and strike in the middle of the park
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

medlocke wrote:From Jonh on t'other site
I think we are looking to add significant strike in the halves and that is the idea behind French.

Nearly everything goes through Hastings at Salford. He pretty much controls both sides in attack, hence why I think they were happy to let Lui join Leeds.

I think he will totally dominate our creative/organisation just as he does at Salford and we will use French to add pace and strike in the middle of the park
It still doesn’t answer the questions can he and does he want to play in the halves?

If Jonh is saying with Hastings at 7 all we need is someone with pace to burn at 6 who isn’t a necessarily a recognised 6, why do we need to go to Australia to find one? Next season presumably Davies and Manfredi will be back so why not stick Marshall at 6 as surely if we can sign an Aussie speedster to play 6 who isn’t a 6, logic dictates we can put Marshall in that position? I don’t see the difference. Escare could also do that job.

If we are going to “deskill” the role of the 6 to this extent we have a couple of players who fit the bill already at the club.

Save the wages and spend them on a prop or hooker.

I think in reality jonh’s comment is just a cunning plan trying to justify the signing. An excuse for the club to put a square peg in a round hole.

wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

I don't know why anyone bothers attempting to bring any semblance of common sense to this potential signing DaveO

When you have posters making such ridiculous statements as
Firestarter wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:27 pm He (French) can play all across the threequarters and halves......
Jesus H he is a centre or scrum half now. No idea how or why the NRL clubs are letting such a versatile and brilliant superstar leave in the prime of his career

I'll give it a day or two and some posters will be claiming he can play hooker and and kick goals too :roll:
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
Levrier

Post by Levrier »

wall_of_voodoo wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:13 pm I don't know why anyone bothers attempting to bring any semblance of common sense to this potential signing DaveO :roll:

When you have posters making such ridiculous statements as
Firestarter wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:27 pm He (French) can play all across the threequarters and halves......
Jesus H he is a centre or scrum half now. No idea how or why the NRL clubs are letting such a versatile and brilliant superstar leave in the prime of his career

I'll give it a day or two and some posters will be claiming he can play hooker and and kick goals too :roll:
I have it on good authority that he will be propping along with Hardaker. :roll: