Tom Davies

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
moto748

Re: Tom Davies

Post by moto748 »

Warrior20 wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:56 pm
widdenoldboy wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:09 pm I'd see others move before Davies (Burgess, Marshall) and Greenwood (Clubb, Isa, Navarette), TBF they have injuries, once fit theyll be OK.
Marshall and Isa, two of our best players this season!
True, but that says as much about the rest of the squad as it does about them.
w.thomas

Post by w.thomas »

Agree we need to move a good few players on. And whilst im not marshy and isa's biggest fans I think it would be harsh for it to be them two. They have both had decent seasons. On form it would have to be budgie from the wingers, then hopefully manfredi will come back like a new player and rip it up. The players id move on would be sammut, navarette, woods, shorrocks, clubb (even though it prob can't happen) escare. Have tommy and lockers retire. For what its worth id of given kibula another year in the reserves. We are lacking big strong natural forwards. Think smithies has a massove future in the game but dont get what people see in Partington other than his good D, doesnt make any yards and that for me is a forwards main job.
Woody1989

Post by Woody1989 »

moto748 wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:12 pm
Warrior20 wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:56 pm
widdenoldboy wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:09 pm I'd see others move before Davies (Burgess, Marshall) and Greenwood (Clubb, Isa, Navarette), TBF they have injuries, once fit theyll be OK.
Marshall and Isa, two of our best players this season!
True, but that says as much about the rest of the squad as it does about them.
Not sure why people seem to want our top try scorer to leave. If any of our wingers are going to go it should be Budgie (although he's just signed a new deal so it's unlikely).

Isa isn't the most talented back rower but he is one of the hardest working players in the squad and always seems to give 100%. You need players like that so I see no need for him to leave.

Whoever does end up leaving I hope we're not just going to lose players without also making a couple of signings once cap space comes free.
shawxshark

Post by shawxshark »

If lockers retires Farrell will no doubt go to 13 and greenwood and isa will be backrowers, out of our wingers I’d let marshy go on loan keep budgie and French to start season and see how Davies and manfredi get on getting some games in reserves
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

shawxshark wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:13 pm If lockers retires Farrell will no doubt go to 13 and greenwood and isa will be backrowers, out of our wingers I’d let marshy go on loan keep budgie and French to start season and see how Davies and manfredi get on getting some games in reserves
As in Marshall Wigan’s top try scorer last season?

That Marshall?

Not a chance I’d let that lad go
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

When fit we have five wingmen including French who's just arrived.
If they are all fit at the start of next season then someone will go on loan rather than play in the reserves.
Who that someone is remains to be seen but we can't exclude Davies from the list of possibles.