Which Wigan winger is set to be loaned out?

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Dan2266

Re: Which Wigan winger is set to be loaned out?

Post by Dan2266 »

when we are defending our line he leaves far too much space on the outside for the opposing wingers, he gets sucked in towards the centre and the ball.

Its hard to explain without a game in progress, but next time you see him play, look out for this... you will soon see what I mean, its not a case of him being 2 v 1 and having to make a split second decision on where to go, its just a simple case of his positional awareness. cant fault the lad for his attacking ability but in my opinion and you may not agree, he is the worst out of the 4 wingers we have on defence.

Hence the reason he is probably the one being loaned out.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Firestarter wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:46 pm
nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:32 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:11 am

Poor under the high ball, too narrow on defence and a lot of teams score tries in his corner when he is playing, they target him without doubt, jumps out of the line and is caught out far too often.
like I say still young and a loan move may help him. Im certainly not writing him off.
Please explain what you mean by too narrow on defence.

Very interested to what you have to say on that one.
im thinking he means strays from his wing spot..... doesnt stay with his opposite winger

in effect yes... :lol:
pedro

Post by pedro »

Dan2266 wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:57 pm when we are defending our line he leaves far too much space on the outside for the opposing wingers, he gets sucked in towards the centre and the ball.

Its hard to explain without a game in progress, but next time you see him play, look out for this... you will soon see what I mean, its not a case of him being 2 v 1 and having to make a split second decision on where to go, its just a simple case of his positional awareness. cant fault the lad for his attacking ability but in my opinion and you may not agree, he is the worst out of the 4 wingers we have on defence.

Hence the reason he is probably the one being loaned out.
is that due to him having no confidence in his centre?