GB coach

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
ddtftf
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:07 pm

GB coach

Post by ddtftf » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:58 pm

Whisper ex Wigan coach Shaun Wayne could be new GB coach

User avatar
Fujiman
Posts: 2862
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 1:19 pm

Re: GB coach

Post by Fujiman » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:59 pm

Hope so
This quote is no longer available because the person is deemed not fit enough to provide it!

fozzieskem
Posts: 3085
Joined: Sat May 14, 2016 10:54 am

Re: GB coach

Post by fozzieskem » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:01 pm

Surely the GB brand is dead?

The sport can’t support it so why bother with it?

Now England coach for Wane I could get behind but I think they’ll stick with Bennett

Wiganer Ted
Posts: 2312
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:31 pm

Re: GB coach

Post by Wiganer Ted » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:53 pm

If dd says it then I reckon it's on!

CheshireWarrior
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:58 pm

Re: GB coach

Post by CheshireWarrior » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:53 pm

fozzieskem wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:01 pm
Surely the GB brand is dead?

The sport can’t support it so why bother with it?

Now England coach for Wane I could get behind but I think they’ll stick with Bennett
I agree, it was a complete shambles the tour! Personally I believe in putting Wigan RLFC before country anyway so I'm not exactly heartbroken (excluding Gillys injury lol)!

If I was Wane id look at the NRL/SL or RU!

shaunedwardsfanclub
Posts: 6108
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:08 pm

Re: GB coach

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:53 pm

CheshireWarrior wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:53 pm
fozzieskem wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:01 pm
Surely the GB brand is dead?

The sport can’t support it so why bother with it?

Now England coach for Wane I could get behind but I think they’ll stick with Bennett
I agree, it was a complete shambles the tour! Personally I believe in putting Wigan RLFC before country anyway so I'm not exactly heartbroken (excluding Gillys injury lol)!

If I was Wane id look at the NRL/SL or RU!
He is in RU.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards

CheshireWarrior
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:58 pm

Re: GB coach

Post by CheshireWarrior » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:07 pm

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:53 pm
CheshireWarrior wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:53 pm
fozzieskem wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:01 pm
Surely the GB brand is dead?

The sport can’t support it so why bother with it?

Now England coach for Wane I could get behind but I think they’ll stick with Bennett
I agree, it was a complete shambles the tour! Personally I believe in putting Wigan RLFC before country anyway so I'm not exactly heartbroken (excluding Gillys injury lol)!

If I was Wane id look at the NRL/SL or RU!
He is in RU.
I mean to the extent where he is prolific as Edwards or Faz! I think the GB job is almost a poisoned chalice!

Regardless, I think GB is similar to the challenge cup, two historic teams/competitions but the reality is they are simply not as lucrative or prestigious anymore!

Wigan over GB/England!
Grand Final/WCC over Challemge Cup!

DaveO
Posts: 14263
Joined: Mon Sep 30, 2002 5:32 pm

Re: GB coach

Post by DaveO » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:29 am

CheshireWarrior wrote:
Wigan over GB/England!
Grand Final/WCC over Challemge Cup!
This is exactly why our sport will continue to decline.

josie andrews
Posts: 25426
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:17 pm
Location: Wigan

Re: GB coach

Post by josie andrews » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:05 am

DaveO wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:29 am
CheshireWarrior wrote:
Wigan over GB/England!
Grand Final/WCC over Challemge Cup!
This is exactly why our sport will continue to decline.
This!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage.

No straw damn us
Posts: 1629
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:12 am

Re: GB coach

Post by No straw damn us » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:36 am

josie andrews wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:05 am
DaveO wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:29 am
CheshireWarrior wrote:
Wigan over GB/England!
Grand Final/WCC over Challemge Cup!
This is exactly why our sport will continue to decline.
This!
+1
International Rugby league needs to be the pinnacle of our game.

Post Reply