Jackson Hastings

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Wiganer Ted

Re: Jackson Hastings

Post by Wiganer Ted »

By all accounts it took a long time for the club to get Hastings to sign. Due, no doubt, to his personal requirements which he insisted upon before he signed.
Also prior to signing he would have asked his agent for clarification and they would have had access to legal advice too. If after going through that process Hastings signed then one would deduce he was happy with the contract.
If Hastings has had a change of heart or mind then there is only one person responsible for that.
If he has not changed his mind, then I hope he arrives at Wigan and has a very successful season which I'm sure he will.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

When something goes wrong at Wigan it is always someone elses fault, Edwards, Hastings etc.The fact is there is something wrong within the club and IL is the man at the top so is at fault.We allow players to leave without a fight and continue to be plagued by drug and drink issues.I repeat Hastings has seen something at Wigan that he does not agree with or want to be part of and wants out(if of course the story is true).Once again we will laughing stocks and no wonder.By the way Woody if I thought you were wrong I would say I disagreed with you and not say you were talking sh*t.A more reasonable response by you may see you in a better light, if of course you are capable of doing so.
Woody1989

Post by Woody1989 »

old hooker wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:08 pm When something goes wrong at Wigan it is always someone elses fault, Edwards, Hastings etc.The fact is there is something wrong within the club and IL is the man at the top so is at fault.We allow players to leave without a fight and continue to be plagued by drug and drink issues.I repeat Hastings has seen something at Wigan that he does not agree with or want to be part of and wants out(if of course the story is true).Once again we will laughing stocks and no wonder.By the way Woody if I thought you were wrong I would say I disagreed with you and not say you were talking sh*t.A more reasonable response by you may see you in a better light, if of course you are capable of doing so.
I think it was a perfectly reasonable response. I'm sick and tired everytime something goes wrong at Wigan there are some people that will look for any reason to lay the blame at Lenegan's door, even in the absence of any evidence and, in this case, when he is the least likely source of the problem.

Now like I say he's done plenty wrong in the last year, but let's wait and see the details of this episode. If it turns out that it's another hand-shake deal or this get-out can be activated before Hastings has even pulled on the shirt then I'll retract my comment, until then I stand by it.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I’m not sure without knowing the facts you can say who’s at fault here.

The thing that’s coming in my mind though is think back to the couple of times wigan played Salford post Hastings signing - the wigan players seemed to be all proper gunning for him in a nasty way - clubb in particular

I juts wonder if something else has happened here that we don’t know about
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:53 pm I’m not sure without knowing the facts you can say who’s at fault here.

The thing that’s coming in my mind though is think back to the couple of times wigan played Salford post Hastings signing - the wigan players seemed to be all proper gunning for him in a nasty way - clubb in particular

Don't think so that is just rugby, win at all cost.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:36 pm
Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:53 pm I’m not sure without knowing the facts you can say who’s at fault here.

Don't think so that is just rugby, win at all cost.
Probably - just seemed weird at the time

What I have noticed is Hastings hasn’t been on social media since late November but still has himself down as a Salford player

It’s weird because you feel like something must have changed and I can’t see it being a problem with the deal

On the legality of not paying him - thats a none starter - unless he flat out refused to play, but a player could easily say “play me and I’ll drop the ball everytime I get it” coaches aren’t going to pick a player that wants out

We should hold his registration for a year unless it’s a swap deal for an equal player I’m genuinely concerned that Matty smith is a free agent
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
JimmyMagnets

Post by JimmyMagnets »

Hes active on instagram and twitter
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

If a player who has signed a contract decides to not turn up at the club only one person is to blame.

I cant see how anyone could put blame on IL in that situation.

That said.

We don't know there's a situation, this is a rumour and alot of people are adding 1+1 and getting 5.

It may turn out to be true but you can help but laugh at how negative wigan fans are towards their own club... maybe that put him off 😉
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Let's wait and see, the next few days will reveal the truth.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:57 pm Let's wait and see, the next few days will reveal the truth.
Let’s hope so the swell of discontent needs to be nipped in the bud