Jackson Hastings

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Woody1989

Re: Jackson Hastings

Post by Woody1989 »

old hooker wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:10 am I suppose its all speculation at the moment but the story is gaining momentum.If true then it just about proves that IL cant run a piss up in a brewery, after the Edwards fiasco he should have ensured this signing was going to be a smooth transaction and without any hitches likely to arise.We seem to be lurching from one crisis to another and the buck stops with the person at the top.
How exactly? The club produced a contract that the player was perfectly willing to sign and now appears to be having doubts (possibly because he's been back home in Australia for 2 months and realised he doesn't want to come back). I fail to see how that's Lenegans fault?
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

old hooker wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:10 am I suppose its all speculation at the moment but the story is gaining momentum.If true then it just about proves that IL cant run a piss up in a brewery, after the Edwards fiasco he should have ensured this signing was going to be a smooth transaction and without any hitches likely to arise.We seem to be lurching from one crisis to another and the buck stops with the person at the top.
Do you really believe that?.
Hes Marquee with an NRL get out clause that alot of fans are unhappy about, this seems to be how we got him over other clubs. If hes changed his mind then its one persons fault and thats Hasting.

However as the article in the Sun is clickbait im not holding my breath with it being true.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Woody1989 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:32 am
How exactly? The club produced a contract that the player was perfectly willing to sign and now appears to be having doubts (possibly because he's been back home in Australia for 2 months and realised he doesn't want to come back). I fail to see how that's Lenegans fault?
Of course its IL' fault, who else can be blamed?,Something Hastings has discovered within the Wigan club or with the contract has caused him to have doubts.After Edwards IL should have made sure that the player would honour his contract.Look at the problems we have had over the last couple of seasons with drink or drug related behaviour by Wigan players.There is something wrong with the culture at Wigan, the club are a laughing stock at the moment and IL takes the plaudits when we are successful and should be taken to task for the cock ups that continue to arise.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Bull its IL fault. Edwards was but unless he has done that again it not his fault.

Its not a contract issue it's an offer by an NRL club. His status after we signed him went up and up. But i reckon he has an offer will play the homesick contract crap.

IL has to call his bluff and basically end his career. Fee is no good now. Time for a new policy by IL you will see out your contract unless i say so. And if you do not play then no pay and no releasing your regestration until you fulfill the contract you signed and was happy to.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

If it is true(which i seriously doubt imo) he should be told he can no longer represent any uk super league team and GB( which he shouldnt have been allowed from the off)
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Woody1989

Post by Woody1989 »

thegimble wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:44 am Bull its IL fault. Edwards was but unless he has done that again it not his fault.

Its not a contract issue it's an offer by an NRL club. His status after we signed him went up and up. But i reckon he has an offer will play the homesick contract crap.

IL has to call his bluff and basically end his career. Fee is no good now. Time for a new policy by IL you will see out your contract unless i say so. And if you do not play then no pay and no releasing your regestration until you fulfill the contract you signed and was happy to.
I share the sentiment but I can't see how it would be legal for Wigan not to pay him? I'm no expert in contract law, and I obviously haven't seen the contract to know specifics, but if a club could get out of paying a player without releasing their registration I would imagine that other clubs would have done it by now. Chris Sandow at Warrington springs to mind.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Little doubt that,while good intentioned IL policy of giving players a safety net of rejoining Wigan once they’ve left is coming back to haunt him,agents and players see this aspect of Wigan as a soft touch and play on it happily in the knowledge the club will roll over.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Woody1989 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:06 am
thegimble wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:44 am Bull its IL fault. Edwards was but unless he has done that again it not his fault.

I share the sentiment but I can't see how it would be legal for Wigan not to pay him? I'm no expert in contract law, and I obviously haven't seen the contract to know specifics, but if a club could get out of paying a player without releasing their registration I would imagine that other clubs would have done it by now. Chris Sandow at Warrington springs to mind.
If you do not work and down tools would you get paid. 500k over 2 years is a lot of money for him to lose. What is he going to do. Must be a pen in contract that you mo show you do not get paid.

We hold his registration for length of the contract we should hold it would kill his NRL dreams . 2 years a long time out.
Woody1989

Post by Woody1989 »

thegimble wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:17 am
Woody1989 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:06 am

If you do not work and down tools would you get paid. 500k over 2 years is a lot of money for him to lose. What is he going to do. Must be a pen in contract that you mo show you do not get paid.

We hold his registration for length of the contract we should hold it would kill his NRL dreams . 2 years a long time out.
I agree he shouldn't be paid if he refuses to work, I just wonder why clubs don't seem to take that option when things like this happen? Unless they just want them off the salary cap so they can get a replacement.
bertina

Post by bertina »

IF a contract has been signed by Hastings, then how can you blame IL if for some reason later, Hastings decides he's not happy about it.?
He should have weighed up all the pros and cons before putting pen to paper.