Gildart wants out

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
nathan_rugby

Re: Gildart wants out

Post by nathan_rugby »

thegimble wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 10:08 pm
pedro wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 9:44 pm Carmont, Inga and Goulding for me but others will disagree
Also Gleeson. Not here long but best centre since Renouff
Gleesons best days were long gone when he arrived at Wigan. Some good solid performances but not on same level as Renouf or Carmont.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Perhaps the club will look at what positions are needed if they go shopping for players rather than signing and hoping for the best,becuase if gilder does go they are crying out for players who's strongest position is centre.

But good luck to the lad hes class and could do well over there.
Woody1989

Post by Woody1989 »

Be a shame to lose Gildart, he's probably the best centre in SL at the minute. He may need to put on some muscle for the NRL but that's not impossible to do. Plus I also said that about Bateman yet he's killing it over there.

We also started off the season OK without Gildart so I'm not too worried about it.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

nathan_rugby wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 10:12 pm
pedro wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 9:44 pm Carmont, Inga and Goulding for me but others will disagree
Gleesons best days were long gone when he arrived at Wigan. Some good solid performances but not on same level as Renouf or Carmont.
I agree but still better for me than Gildart. Gleeson had 2 to 3 good years if he behaved. Not saying he is a poor player just think since Carmonts retired our centres are not been the best in sl.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

I liked gleeson. He may of lose a yard of pace but you could see his pedigree as a centre

Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

I liked gleeson. He may of lose a yard of pace but you could see his pedigree as a centre
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Gildart would be a big loss, Hankinson, Bibby and Hardaker are average.Our wingers are good but nowhere near world class.French is of course top drawer and Hastings very talented.These two may not be with us very long either so its not good news.The saving grace is that SL is poor at the moment and it gives us a chance of getting somewhere near top of the tree when it counts.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Gleeson looked good enough to me, especially in the GF against Saints.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

old hooker wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 2:00 pm Gildart would be a big loss, Hankinson, Bibby and Hardaker are average.Our wingers are good but nowhere near world class.French is of course top drawer and Hastings very talented.These two may not be with us very long either so its not good news.The saving grace is that SL is poor at the moment and it gives us a chance of getting somewhere near top of the tree when it counts.
I agree about Gildart. He isn't necessarily looking to move on but he does want a better contract.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

He going next year he said when I spoke to him last week sadly