Joe Burgess to Salford

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
wall_of_voodoo

Joe Burgess to Salford

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Papers saying that Salford have signed Joe Burgess for next season
Wigantoday understands the winger has agreed a contract to play for the Red Devils from 2021.

The club’s interest in Burgess had already been reported, but it is now thought a deal has been struck.

His Warriors contract runs out at the end of this season and the 25-year-old had slipped behind Liam Marshall and Dom Manfredi in the pecking order before this campaign was halted in March.
https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby- ... s-2908318
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
Gerrumonside

Re: Joe Burgess to Salford

Post by Gerrumonside »

I hope he doesn’t go - I know he didn’t play that much recently but on his day he’s a cracking winger and we may be running short of options with only French to cover if needed?
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

I still maintain we should have held onto Davies over Burgess
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Gerrumonside wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:31 pm I hope he doesn’t go - I know he didn’t play that much recently but on his day he’s a cracking winger and we may be running short of options with only French to cover if needed?
How often does he have these good days?

When was the last time you could honestly say he had a run of games and played consistently well?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Gerrumonside

Post by Gerrumonside »

Yes I have to agree, the worry is who do we have as a long term replacement if he goes?
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Gerrumonside wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:51 pm Yes I have to agree, the worry is who do we have as a long term replacement if he goes?
Marshall and manfredi ?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Gerrumonside

Post by Gerrumonside »

Let’s hope they stay injury free.
coxy2912

Post by coxy2912 »

Of course because of having two wingers is enough 🙈 especially when one, Manfredi, unfortunately has suffered from significant injuries a few times ... I fear our money is going into a few positions and it will leave holes in other parts of the squad ...
pedro

Post by pedro »

I’d only get roc if Burgess is gildart stays, surely they can’t get rid of both
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I'm sure we have youngsters who can step in on the wing if needed? Hanley? Also Bibby and Gildart have played wing.