Gildart to NRL

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Dan2266

Gildart to NRL

Post by Dan2266 »

I originally posted this early October...... Lussic has been in talks, has the same agent as Hastings & Lam.
In particularly notice how Bateman did sign.... and read the final sentence RE Gildart. Its taken longer than I thought to come out. Wilkinson is reporting it this morning.

heard a whisper a few weeks ago (before the Rumours) that Wigan are trying to re-sign Bateman by saving the extra money he would command compared to a normal salary from the replacement of Gildart, Lockers & Tommy.

Joey Lussick has been mentioned for Tommys replacement he would be on considerably less £'s. (Salford signed Ackers yesterday)

If we sign another loose forward then they would be on less than lockers. (considering they would be 2nd choice to Morgan)

the money saved there, added to a "higher tier" non marquee wage for a player would be used to lure Bateman back.

Bateman is currently on £330,000 a year in AUS.

Although we know Bateman wants a rise, That figure is not out of the question based on what I have heard.

May be a long shot but who knows. Wigan dont plan on replacing Gildart either. he has a 3 year deal in place with a NRL side
pearsy

Re: Gildart to NRL

Post by pearsy »

I bet he didn't have to have his arm twisted go to Auz