Field

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
moto748

Re: Field

Post by moto748 »

Firestarter wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:52 pm
i honestly think there back up stand off is even better than leulu...... all good uns
[/quote]

Who do you mean? Matt Burton? Tyrone May? Neither of them in the same class as Luai in my book.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

moto748 wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:20 pm
Firestarter wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:02 pm
He did nowt behind a beaten pack today.......he will fit in perfectly
Yeah, I was underwhelmed too. He picked up an interception try, but for a bloke whose attributes are suppose to be his running game, he didn't offer much. Plus, every time he takes a hard tackle, it always looks like it might break him! :lol:

To be fair, Penrith look a real class act. How good is their half-back pairing of Cleary and Luai?
They are, it will be interesting to see if they can perform at the current levels when they get to the knockout stages.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

moto748 wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:56 pm
Firestarter wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:52 pm
i honestly think there back up stand off is even better than leulu...... all good uns
Who do you mean? Matt Burton? Tyrone May? Neither of them in the same class as Luai in my book.
[/quote]
I think its burton...... he played a game or two a few weeks ago
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

See from the latest squads that Jai Field has kept his place at SO in the starting team during Brown's absence so must be playing okay, at this level.
Looks skinny physically but does a lot of defensive work so must be deceptively strong to get through the work he does and definitely adds lightning pace to the backs.
I wouldn't write him off, there is quality there from what I've seen.
Charriots Offiah

You can’t beat speed and he has it in abundance. Two tries in his last two games is not bad either, he knows how to get over the whitewash.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

If we play him at 6 I could see him picking up lots of tries using his pace backing up through the middle like a young Danny McGuire. We've not had real pace through the middle for some time and he and Harry Smith would offer a good range of skills between them.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

southportcdm wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:16 am If we play him at 6 I could see him picking up lots of tries using his pace backing up through the middle like a young Danny McGuire. We've not had real pace through the middle for some time and he and Harry Smith would offer a good range of skills between them.
You have to make breaks, half breaks through the middle to do that. Something we don't really have.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
oval balls

Post by oval balls »

If we got field and with smith improving with every game then I feel we would have that combination
In Harry Smith we have a player who has the potential to be an excellent half back and playmaker as he can read a game and has shown his ability in a few of the games I have seen him in
With the speed of field running off smith we would be very potent in that area I feel
wigans turning blue- my arse

nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

oval balls wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:11 pm If we got field and with smith improving with every game then I feel we would have that combination
In Harry Smith we have a player who has the potential to be an excellent half back and playmaker as he can read a game and has shown his ability in a few of the games I have seen him in
With the speed of field running off smith we would be very potent in that area I feel
That combo would be too young and unexperienced.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Charriots Offiah

nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:34 pm
oval balls wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:11 pm If we got field and with smith improving with every game then I feel we would have that combination
That combo would be too young and unexperienced.
How old do you have to be to be experienced?