Bevan French

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Smithy82

Re: Bevan French

Post by Smithy82 »

Paramatta just signed 5 players and said no more singning I so French to them is made up news
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

wonder where that leaves Field then?

He has already said he is coming to Wigan, where has Wigan have not confirmed it. (still only verbal agreement at the moment)

I've heard Hastings is staying & will start talks on a new deal as soon as the NRL Clause has passed.

Probably means Tommy is Retiring
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Dan2266 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:35 am wonder where that leaves Field then?

He has already said he is coming to Wigan, where has Wigan have not confirmed it. (still only verbal agreement at the moment)

I've heard Hastings is staying & will start talks on a new deal as soon as the NRL Clause has passed.

Probably means Tommy is Retiring
Tommy retiring mmmm
Rennox89

Post by Rennox89 »

Be great if French and Hastings stayed. Or even just one of them with field coming in. Hardaker can still play FB and Field can play both so
Tricky Dicky1

Post by Tricky Dicky1 »

With his pace, does anyone know if field can play wing
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

If Hastings stays and we have French and Field.... where does that leave Smith... he has been outstanding and should be playing regularly next year.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Smith will be in there. One of Hastings, French or Tommy won't be playing for Wigan next season I reckon.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:19 pm Smith will be in there. One of Hastings, French or Tommy won't be playing for Wigan next season I reckon.
The point he’s making is that if Field is in to replace Hastings or Tommy, where does it leave Smith? Another year on the bench as a bit part player when he should be a starter...
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

nathan_rugby wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:48 pm
Wiganer Ted wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:19 pm Smith will be in there. One of Hastings, French or Tommy won't be playing for Wigan next season I reckon.
The point he’s making is that if Field is in to replace Hastings or Tommy, where does it leave Smith? Another year on the bench as a bit part player when he should be a starter...
Could it simply not be that players are chosen depending on their form? That’s how it was in my day.
Tricky Dicky1

Post by Tricky Dicky1 »

Field may be considered to do a job on the wing or as a back up half given his pace