Bevan French

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Smithy82
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:38 pm

Re: Bevan French

Post by Smithy82 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:54 am

Paramatta just signed 5 players and said no more singning I so French to them is made up news

Dan2266
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:47 pm

Re: Bevan French

Post by Dan2266 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:35 am

wonder where that leaves Field then?

He has already said he is coming to Wigan, where has Wigan have not confirmed it. (still only verbal agreement at the moment)

I've heard Hastings is staying & will start talks on a new deal as soon as the NRL Clause has passed.

Probably means Tommy is Retiring

Charriots Offiah
Posts: 311
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:14 pm

Re: Bevan French

Post by Charriots Offiah » Fri Oct 23, 2020 9:49 am

Dan2266 wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:35 am
wonder where that leaves Field then?

He has already said he is coming to Wigan, where has Wigan have not confirmed it. (still only verbal agreement at the moment)

I've heard Hastings is staying & will start talks on a new deal as soon as the NRL Clause has passed.

Probably means Tommy is Retiring
Tommy retiring mmmm

Rennox89
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:23 pm

Re: Bevan French

Post by Rennox89 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:04 am

Be great if French and Hastings stayed. Or even just one of them with field coming in. Hardaker can still play FB and Field can play both so

Tricky Dicky1
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun May 05, 2019 2:40 pm

Re: Bevan French

Post by Tricky Dicky1 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:53 pm

With his pace, does anyone know if field can play wing

Caboosegg
Posts: 1952
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:51 pm

Re: Bevan French

Post by Caboosegg » Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:36 am

If Hastings stays and we have French and Field.... where does that leave Smith... he has been outstanding and should be playing regularly next year.
The Turkeys voted for Christmas.

A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims... but accomplices

George Orwell

Wiganer Ted
Posts: 2516
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:31 pm

Re: Bevan French

Post by Wiganer Ted » Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:19 pm

Smith will be in there. One of Hastings, French or Tommy won't be playing for Wigan next season I reckon.

nathan_rugby
Posts: 2225
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:12 pm

Re: Bevan French

Post by nathan_rugby » Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:48 pm

Wiganer Ted wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:19 pm
Smith will be in there. One of Hastings, French or Tommy won't be playing for Wigan next season I reckon.
The point he’s making is that if Field is in to replace Hastings or Tommy, where does it leave Smith? Another year on the bench as a bit part player when he should be a starter...
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."

Charriots Offiah
Posts: 311
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:14 pm

Re: Bevan French

Post by Charriots Offiah » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:59 pm

nathan_rugby wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:48 pm
Wiganer Ted wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:19 pm
Smith will be in there. One of Hastings, French or Tommy won't be playing for Wigan next season I reckon.
The point he’s making is that if Field is in to replace Hastings or Tommy, where does it leave Smith? Another year on the bench as a bit part player when he should be a starter...
Could it simply not be that players are chosen depending on their form? That’s how it was in my day.

Tricky Dicky1
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun May 05, 2019 2:40 pm

Re: Bevan French

Post by Tricky Dicky1 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:46 am

Field may be considered to do a job on the wing or as a back up half given his pace

Locked