Re: Luke Thompson

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

ManxWarrior wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:57 pm Given his departure from Saints, I don’t think they would look to bring him back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With the virus still in full swing would you want him at Wigan knowing he wouldnt look at the bigger picture?
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

Caboosegg wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:46 am
ManxWarrior wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:57 pm Given his departure from Saints, I don’t think they would look to bring him back.

With the virus still in full swing would you want him at Wigan knowing he wouldnt look at the bigger picture?
What big picture?

If he signed, we would be favourites for silverware next year. What’s the big picture?
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

What are you insinuating here?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
pedro

Post by pedro »

nathan_rugby wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:23 pm

hes not insinuating anything, Thompson was the only player to reject a pay cut due to the virus and was moved on due to it
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

pedro wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:25 am

hes not insinuating anything, Thompson was the only player to reject a pay cut due to the virus and was moved on due to it
So don't sign Thompson because of his values/morals with regards to not accepting the pay cut?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

nathan_rugby wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:28 am

So don't sign Thompson because of his values/morals with regards to not accepting the pay cut?
Well yes I am. What morals. It's that single minded I'm alright Jack attitude that could wipe out our game at a time thousands or fighting for there job's and players putting there lives at risk to keep them in a job and there sport alive . Every club has had to make job cut backs so yes in affect he was saying as long as I'm okay. I read that as he does not care about his fellow colleagues. Even stains won't touch him because of your so called morals.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Luke Thompson and his family are loaded, he didn't accept the pay cut for other reasons. What they were I do not know. But it wasnt because he wanted to fill his pockets
Jonathon Kerr (JK)

Post by Jonathon Kerr (JK) »

I believe part of the issue was that he wanted to leave at the end of last season but McManus refused to release him from his contract. So when he was asked to take a drop in salary he again raised the option of him leaving but this was again initially refused until the Bulldogs upped there transfer fee for him.
He isn’t the first and won’t be the last player to hold a club to ransom for self gain (not saying it is right) but how often do we see these NRL clauses inserted at the players request.

pedro

Post by pedro »

nathan_rugby wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:28 am

basically yes
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Dan2266 wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:36 pm Luke Thompson and his family are loaded, he didn't accept the pay cut for other reasons. What they were I do not know. But it wasnt because he wanted to fill his pockets

Of course it was money driven. Loaded ?????. But whatever the excuse. he was quite willing to put someone out of a job through not taking a cut too get what HE wanted whatever the reason. For me says a lot about the person.