Re: Luke Thompson

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

His parents are multi millionaires. He also said he would of donated part of his wage to the furloughed staff. but he wasn't accepting the club paying him less. as for the reasons stated above about wanting to leave. fair play to the lad. would take him in a heartbeat.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Dan2266 wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:25 pm His parents are multi millionaires. He also said he would of donated part of his wage to the furloughed staff. but he wasn't accepting the club paying him less. as for the reasons stated above about wanting to leave. fair play to the lad. would take him in a heartbeat.
Have to agree to disagree on this. Your views on morals seriously differ to mine and your entitled to that. Having money doesn't change a moral compass. Imo It's knowing what's right thing to do for everyone concerned and not just yourself.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Moley says no
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

File this nonsense under the same file as the Mark Pericival rumour of a couple of years ago
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

fozzieskem wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:34 pm File this nonsense under the same file as the Mark Pericival rumour of a couple of years ago
Why, it is after all a rumour mill!
superleague

Post by superleague »

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/nrl-news-t ... 7a1c56501f

One of the hottest rumours in recent weeks is that Englishman Luke Thompson isn't happy at the Bulldogs and wants to return home.

But I've checked out the goss and it is 100% wrong, with Thompson committed to the Dogs and new coach Trent Barrett in 2021.

The 25-year-old from St Helens didn't quite set the world on fire in his maiden season in the NRL but showed enough promise in his 10 games to indicate he will be a force next season.

Bulldogs Football Manager Stephen Litvensky confirmed that the rumours are way off beam.

"We've heard them too but there is nothing to them," Litvensky said.

"Luke is happy here, we love to have him in the place and in fact, his missus just got out of quarantine a couple of days ago.

"He was never going back - it was just a crazy rumour someone started that went out of control."

(I’ve edited this post to just have the bit we are interested in) 😊 - Josie
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Not a rumour I "bought" into

Just think there was nothing more than an individual fans frustration with George Burgess and an unforlorn hope that someone would either swap another prop for him or that we would have enough cap to sign whoever we wanted (we don't have wires salary cap manager after all)

Burgess has the physique to tear SL apart but Wigan MUST get him right for next season and stop with these half-hearted cameo appearances
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

wall_of_voodoo wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:28 pm Not a rumour I "bought" into

Just think there was nothing more than frustration with George Burgess and an unforlorn hope that someone would either swap another prop for him or that we would have enough cap to sign whoever we wanted (we don't have wires salary cap manager after all)
Nor me as I said a few posts backs filed this one under the Mark Percival rumour of a couple of years back,his wages alone would be eye watering and as you point out we dont have the magician of a warrington working in the wages dept at wigan.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

wall_of_voodoo wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:28 pm Not a rumour I "bought" into

Just think there was nothing more than an individual fans frustration with George Burgess and an unforlorn hope that someone would either swap another prop for him or that we would have enough cap to sign whoever we wanted (we don't have wires salary cap manager after all)

Burgess has the physique to tear SL apart but Wigan MUST get him right for next season and stop with these half-hearted cameo appearances
Even if they manage to get his hip sorted, he doesn't seem like a player who will run through brick walls all day for you.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."