New Prop

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
josie andrews

Re: New Prop

Post by josie andrews »

Oh, I agree Dan. Some players price themselves too highly.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

josie andrews wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 10:05 am Oh, I agree Dan. Some players price themselves too highly.
And if they don't, their agents will :lol:
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

I like Lawler but I don’t think he is the solution to our problems. Better saving the money for a player who is the right fit.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/ru ... dium=email

Confirmed now about Wigans Interest. It wasn't late interest though, we had been speaking too him for months
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Dan2266 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 12:40 pm https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/ru ... dium=email

Confirmed now about Wigans Interest. It wasn't late interest though, we had been speaking too him for months
Not sure we were interested with all the back rows we have. I'm guessing Wigan's only interest was in pushing his market value up to limit Castleford's potential recruitment
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

It may not be down to money but him wanting to live near his own home town/city.
The last guy we got from Humberside was homesick after not very long.
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 7:33 pm It may not be down to money but him wanting to live near his own home town/city.
Nah!!! He wanted a pay rise which Wigan wouldn't give him. Still I get where you are coming from as that stopped our recruitment of Danny Brough a few years ago
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

wall_of_voodoo wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 5:11 pm
Wiganer Ted wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 7:33 pm It may not be down to money but him wanting to live near his own home town/city.
Nah!!! He wanted a pay rise which Wigan wouldn't give him. Still I get where you are coming from as that stopped our recruitment of Danny Brough a few years ago
Cas paying him £15k more per year and a longer contract
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Dan2266 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:41 pm
wall_of_voodoo wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 5:11 pm
Cas paying him £15k more per year and a longer contract
All that proves is Castleford's desperation to sign him. Good luck to him - he's solid if unspectacular back row. We need to be more particular on which positions and also on who exactly we spend our salary cap on. Hence why I am not bothered one bit that he went to Castleford.
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

been told a lot today, the final message "Prop musical chairs is about to begin" So Id assume we are chasing a prop who will be replaced prior to being allowed to leave their current club. With Wire signing Bullock I wonder if we are going back for Mulhern