New Prop

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
keptinthedarkfans

Re: New Prop

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:39 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:33 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 7:14 pm

George Lawler. Money.

Wigan wouldn't match the offer another club made.

Wonder who we are saving money for 🤔
Before anyone says it was a guess :?

& yes we did save money for Williams, the offer we made him proved that.
Think he would have been a good signing, pity 🙁
Sorry Dan proves nothing. They could have said they had a kings ransom Williams was never coming back to Wigan. The question was how to let him off the hook re return option without losing face.
DaveO

New Prop

Post by DaveO »

Wiganer Ted wrote:Will we be getting a new prop?
We've got Ellis, Mago, Singleton and Clark s senior props.
Byrne, Havard, Partington and sometimes Shorrocks as less senior props.
The only way perhaps is they offload Clark as was once suggested.
The new coaches may want to keep him.
We need to ditch an overseas player now TL has signed for another year. Favourite for the chop seems to be Clark. So I suspect rather than another prop we will end up with one less.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

DaveO wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:16 pm
We need to ditch an overseas player now TL has signed for another year. Favourite for the chop seems to be Clark. So I suspect rather than another prop we will end up with one less.
Yeh, thats about the size of it - that leaves Singleton as Snr prop, the NRL guys are not yet in that category (they have the potential). Not sure Clark could make that step up either.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

widdenoldboy wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:55 am
Yeh, thats about the size of it - that leaves Singleton as Snr prop, the NRL guys are not yet in that category (they have the potential). Not sure Clark could make that step up either.
We are really lacking some experience in the front row.

Over the years we have lost Flower, Burgess, Clubb.

Although Singleton, Mago, Ellis, Havard plus others may be good enough, I worry about the lack of experience / not having a very senior / old head. It’s invaluable.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

nathan_rugby wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:49 am
widdenoldboy wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:55 am
We are really lacking some experience in the front row.

Over the years we have lost Flower, Burgess, Clubb.

Although Singleton, Mago, Ellis, Havard plus others may be good enough, I worry about the lack of experience / not having a very senior / old head. It’s invaluable.
I agree with you but our options are now somewhat limited. All the half decent props in SL are signed up and we have no room on the non-federation trained list.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Do we need to release an overseas player? We know there's eight overseas players at the club when we're only entitled to seven.

When the club announced they'd re-signed Tommy then he'd have been registered at the RFL to play. If he was excess over the quota limit the RFL wouldn't have registered him.
So is TL exempt from the overseas (Non Federation) quota?
There used to be a rule (guidance) that if a player was at a club (country) three years prior to gaining the age of 21 he was classed as "Club Trained". Tommy arrived in the UK when he was 17 so he would have qualified as club trained or non fed under those rules. Whether that rule still applies I don't know.

The only other reason I can think of that the RFL registered TL was that the club have de-registered another player.

What the real reason is that the RFL have registered eight overseas players I don't know but a bit of clarification would help!
boggart

Post by boggart »

Do we think Mitch Clark might get a decent chance next year? He's not been given much of a chance so far. Not the finished article by a long way, but a good run, and a bit of support and positivity, and there's a good combative prop in there. Or was Matty Peet one of the reasons he didn't get a game. Where's Chris Hankinson btw? Back rower?
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

boggart wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:01 pm Do we think Mitch Clark might get a decent chance next year? He's not been given much of a chance so far. Not the finished article by a long way, but a good run, and a bit of support and positivity, and there's a good combative prop in there. Or was Matty Peet one of the reasons he didn't get a game. Where's Chris Hankinson btw? Back rower?
Neither player are up to scratch frankly
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

boggart wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:01 pm Do we think Mitch Clark might get a decent chance next year? He's not been given much of a chance so far. Not the finished article by a long way, but a good run, and a bit of support and positivity, and there's a good combative prop in there. Or was Matty Peet one of the reasons he didn't get a game. Where's Chris Hankinson btw? Back rower?
No he won’t be here.