New Prop

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
cherry toffee

Re: New Prop

Post by cherry toffee »

Dan whilst I don't doubt for a minute your posting what you've been told but I will wait till the player has been announced before I get too excited simply because Kriss Radlinski said Mitch Clark was the most destructive prop in super league when we signed him
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

cherry toffee wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:02 pm Dan whilst I don't doubt for a minute your posting what you've been told but I will wait till the player has been announced before I get too excited simply because Kriss Radlinski said Mitch Clark was the most destructive prop in super league when we signed him
I want some of whatever he was on when he said that :lol: :lol: :lol:
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

cherry toffee wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:02 pm Dan whilst I don't doubt for a minute your posting what you've been told but I will wait till the player has been announced before I get too excited simply because Kriss Radlinski said Mitch Clark was the most destructive prop in super league when we signed him
Embarrassing statement that. Barely anyone had ever heard of him which says it all.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
pedro

Post by pedro »

nathan_rugby wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:15 pm
Embarrassing statement that. Barely anyone had ever heard of him which says it all.
he had 1 good game and was v us, he looked good as we lost players so had no rotation and were knackered
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

bill.inger

Post by bill.inger »

I see Gabe Hamlin is up and running again. He'd be cheap and loads of effort in the lad, he'd be a good fit in the 'no scrums' game we're stuck with.
The club had success with Hock after a drugs ban, Zac is a changed person, now a credit to the club and the game so why not give Hamlin another chance?
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

bill.inger wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:02 pm I see Gabe Hamlin is up and running again. He'd be cheap and loads of effort in the lad, he'd be a good fit in the 'no scrums' game we're stuck with.
The club had success with Hock after a drugs ban, Zac is a changed person, now a credit to the club and the game so why not give Hamlin another chance?
We need props who make good metres and put a dent in the defensive line.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

bill.inger wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:02 pm I see Gabe Hamlin is up and running again. He'd be cheap and loads of effort in the lad, he'd be a good fit in the 'no scrums' game we're stuck with.
Define up and running ?

You want to give another chance to a project player whose been out of the game for 2 years?

Even when he was at Wigan he barely made an impact. Showed his potential, good in stints but I’ll ask again, why?
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:18 pm
Agreed.

We need a prop with experience.

He’s played 27 senior games at 24 years old and has spent 2 years out of the game.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

nathan_rugby wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:37 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:18 pm
Agreed.

We need a prop with experience.

He’s played 27 senior games at 24 years old and has spent 2 years out of the game.
And he is not big enough. I have nothing against Gabe, I loved his attitude. He made a mistake and paid the price but I wish him the best.