New Prop

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
nathan_rugby

Re: New Prop

Post by nathan_rugby »

josie andrews wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:56 pm Why sign a 31 year old with knee problems when we’ve just let Flower go?
Flower had problems all over his body. It was the right decision to let him go. Great player on his day but too injury prone.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
pedro

Post by pedro »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:13 pm How could we sign a prop who's had a knee problem for the past two years?
The game has changed with the 6 again and props of his style could struggle. They'd struggle even more with a busted knee. In fact they might not play much at all.
I know it's a rumour but I hope there's no truth in this one.
re-signed Clubb
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

We re-signed Clubb before six again, the new prop will have to fit in with the higher speed and intensity of the game as it is.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:07 pm We re-signed Clubb before six again, the new prop will have to fit in with the higher speed and intensity of the game as it is.
He was no good under the previous rules.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:43 pm
Wiganer Ted wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:07 pm We re-signed Clubb before six again, the new prop will have to fit in with the higher speed and intensity of the game as it is.
He was no good under the previous rules.
Agreed. Absolutely awful. So slow, immobile, just a big lump.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
nobby_1938

Post by nobby_1938 »

Dan2266 wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:12 pm Been told off a very reliable person that we have signed a new prop. the same person who first told me about Bateman coming back weeks before the rumours/ showed me Hastings in the blue kit before his extension was announced.

won't tell me a name but said "People will be genuinely buzzing about it"

Going off Luke Thompsons Instagram it is not him.... I do know we were looking at Watts/Mulhern, but doubt its Watts, could possibly be Mulhern.

Anyone else heard anything?
I have heard that we are trying to get rid of george burgess to salford and are signing Fifita from wakey
Charriots Offiah

nobby_1938 wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:13 am
Dan2266 wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:12 pm Been told off a very reliable person that we have signed a new prop. the same person who first told me about Bateman coming back weeks before the rumours/ showed me Hastings in the blue kit before his extension was announced.

won't tell me a name but said "People will be genuinely buzzing about it"

Going off Luke Thompsons Instagram it is not him.... I do know we were looking at Watts/Mulhern, but doubt its Watts, could possibly be Mulhern.

Anyone else heard anything?
I have heard that we are trying to get rid of george burgess to salford and are signing Fifita from wakey
Salford can’t afford Burgess.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Think this is pretty much dead bullshit if Wigan Today is to be believed?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Charriots Offiah

Wandering Warrior wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:17 pm Think this is pretty much dead bullshit if Wigan Today is to be believed?
I agree, we must think that we can get Burgess fit.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:23 pm
Wandering Warrior wrote: Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:17 pm Think this is pretty much dead bullshit if Wigan Today is to be believed?
I agree, we must think that we can get Burgess fit.
Who's we? The club or us fans?