New Prop

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
jaws1

Re: New prop.

Post by jaws1 »

Firestarter wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:43 am
nathan_rugby wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:09 am
Rennox89 wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:51 am I think Rads has said we weren't making any more signings?
Unless others are sold he said
Your right...... just read it again...... i must have skipped that bit first time around
unless the new prop is alredy signed ?????/
Dan2266

Re: New Prop

Post by Dan2266 »

Wigan have a deal agreed with a different prop this time, cant be completed until certain players are moved on. If the player signed today we would be over the salary cap, hence the delay. Hearing 2/3 more will be gone by the end of the month. Hopefully a prop is signed after all this fuss.

Hope everyone is keeping well during these testing times
JimmyMagnets

Post by JimmyMagnets »

Name? ;)
6742hitch

Post by 6742hitch »

I see Winos have just signed a mobile, hard-running, hard-hitting prop (great description), wonder what the description Burgess was painted with, anyway, I’ve seen a lot of teams sign overseas monsters who play exceptionally well for their team, we seem to be lacking in the recruitment area for the pack...backs have been pretty decent to excellent for decades, but forwards...does anyone have the same feeling or have answers as to why?
Gerrumonside

Post by Gerrumonside »

If we don’t we will be developing our young forwards further - we have Partington, Byrne, Harvard, And maybe Pearce Paul as backup to Bullock & Singleton and maybe, just maybe, the odd cameo appearance from Burgess & Clubb...
Levrier

Post by Levrier »

Everything seems to have gone quiet. We have our smaller squad and....... nothing. I wonder how much the probability of another shortened season is influencing the decision makers. Perhaps with fewer games we may be able to compete on the basis of fewer games = fewer injuries. We could be up against a couple of teams throwing some monsters against us and depending on our defence again. There again our youngsters can barely be called youngsters any more.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Levrier wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:19 pm Everything seems to have gone quiet. We have our smaller squad and....... nothing. I wonder how much the probability of another shortened season is influencing the decision makers. Perhaps with fewer games we may be able to compete on the basis of fewer games = fewer injuries. We could be up against a couple of teams throwing some monsters against us and depending on our defence again. There again our youngsters can barely be called youngsters any more.

Club need one or two more departures before anything can be completed RE new Prop. it is all agreed, just need the dominos to start falling. hopefully gets done and said player doesn't sign elsewhere. Wigan extremely cautious regarding the salary cap, who can blame them going off past mistakes.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Dan2266 wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:45 am
Levrier wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:19 pm Everything seems to have gone quiet. We have our smaller squad and....... nothing. I wonder how much the probability of another shortened season is influencing the decision makers. Perhaps with fewer games we may be able to compete on the basis of fewer games = fewer injuries. We could be up against a couple of teams throwing some monsters against us and depending on our defence again. There again our youngsters can barely be called youngsters any more.

Club need one or two more departures before anything can be completed RE new Prop. it is all agreed, just need the dominos to start falling. hopefully gets done and said player doesn't sign elsewhere. Wigan extremely cautious regarding the salary cap, who can blame them going off past mistakes.
Is this prop playing in SL or the NRL?
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

I’m calling BS. Been same story for weeks from you.

Why have Wigan and the prop agreed terms when player departures are needed?

1 or 2 departures... doesn’t sound specific. Sounds like club making it up as they go around and don’t have a clear plan on who is leaving.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

nathan_rugby wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:34 am

I’m calling BS. Been same story for weeks from you.

Why have Wigan and the prop agreed terms when player departures are needed?

1 or 2 departures... doesn’t sound specific. Sounds like club making it up as they go around and don’t have a clear plan on who is leaving.
Call what you want I don't really care, just passing on what I get told when I get told. been right about countless things previously because of who the info comes from....

its far from BS, its what the current situation is.

and without naming names your not getting much higher within the club.

The player in question already has a club and has been told he can leave.

Wigan can not afford to complete the deal until certain players leave. which Radlinski has gone as far as saying that publicly.

IF it doesn't happen its because of cap issues and players Wigan thought would be moving on, didn't.