Players Leaving

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
CheshireWarrior

Re: 3 to go

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Not surprised with Hankinson or Woods leaving, little shocked with Clark, clearly it wasn't meant to be.
jackthelad

Re: Players Leaving

Post by jackthelad »

Barney841 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:39 am
Smithy82 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:31 am Who do u think will be going

I Say

Sean O Loughlin Retired
Jack Wells Salford Red Devils
Ben Flower Leigh Centurions
Romain Navarette Released
Mitch Clark Hopefully Goes
George Burgess Hopefully Goes
Joe Burgess Salford Red Devils
Chris Hankinson Released
Tony Clubb Hopefully Goes
Josh Woods Released
I hope joe burgess stays. Think he’s found better form since he got dropped. Reality check
I have it on good authority Chris Hankinson has another 2 years left (not released) but will be on loan 2021

Most likely will not play again for Wigan though unfortunately
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

CheshireWarrior wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:16 pm Not surprised with Hankinson or Woods leaving, little shocked with Clark, clearly it wasn't meant to be.
Thought Hankinson only signed a 1 year extension to his contract Clark has another 2 years left on his contract does Wigan have to pay?
CheshireWarrior

jaws1 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:26 pm
CheshireWarrior wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 1:16 pm Not surprised with Hankinson or Woods leaving, little shocked with Clark, clearly it wasn't meant to be.
Thought Hankinson only signed a 1 year extension to his contract Clark has another 2 years left on his contract does Wigan have to pay?
Good question, I think someone posted on here that Hankinson has a contract for 2021, but will likely play on loan for a full season until it expires. As for Clark I thought myself his deal was long-term?
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Smithy82 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:38 pm Clark , Navarette , Wells , Woods , Flower
O Loughlin , Hankinson

To Go
+ Mullen, Escare, Shorrocks.
jackthelad

Post by jackthelad »

CheshireWarrior wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:33 pm
Good question, I think someone posted on here that Hankinson has a contract for 2021, but will likely play on loan for a full season until it expires. As for Clark I thought myself his deal was long-term?
I have it on good authority Chris Hankinson has another 2 years left (not being released) but will be on loan 2021

Most likely will not play again for Wigan though unfortunately 😪
Smithy82

Post by Smithy82 »

Morgan Escare left wigab in July by mutual consent
CheshireWarrior

jackthelad wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:46 pm
CheshireWarrior wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:33 pm
I have it on good authority Chris Hankinson has another 2 years left (not being released) but will be on loan 2021

Most likely will not play again for Wigan though unfortunately 😪
If I recall correctly, wasn't Hankinson signed as injury cover towards the end of 2018? Or was a 'project player'? To be fair I dont think we have ever seen enough of him since his arrival to accurately judge his consistency or to say his is worthy or not. I think the fact that he has been overlooked speaks volumes as to his future working under Lam. I think like Escare, Navarette and Sammut he just maybe isn't suited to what Lam wants. I must admit I've never thought he was a starting line up player but, if he want to enhance his changes of regular SL appearances, he needs to move on.
CheshireWarrior

So if it the following:

Chris Hankinson
Joe Burgess
Sean O'Loughlin
Ben Flower
Mitch Clark
Morgan Escare
Jarrad Sammut
Romain Navarette
Jack Wells
Craig Mullen
Josh Woods

There are clearly a few departures here but, if we look at each player, they are all replaceable, out of form, too old or just not broken into the first team with major impact IMO.
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Smithy82 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:31 am Who do u think will be going

I Say
Romain Navarette Released
Mitch Clark Hopefully Goes
George Burgess Hopefully Goes
Chris Hankinson Released
Tony Clubb Hopefully Goes
Josh Woods Released
All the players you mention have contracts for next season.

Wigan can advertise their "availability" all they want. Unless the players take pay cuts to move on or gamble other clubs have cap space/squad availability then they will stubbornly remain and claim their money and will go no where

Why would they?
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll: