George Burges

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Charriots Offiah
Posts: 609
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:14 pm

Re: George Burges

Post by Charriots Offiah » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:50 pm

keptinthedarkfans wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:46 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:33 pm
Exiled Wiganer wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:42 am
He broke his foot while on a drunken night out. He may had started playing ok (though clearly not a patch on the pre NRL version who could run fast), but we were right to cut our losses.
No he didn’t.
yes he did.
Ok, where did he do it? How did it happen?

User avatar
lucky 13
Posts: 1959
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:05 pm

Re: George Burges

Post by lucky 13 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:11 pm

St Pat's if you believe the tackle me as hard has you can rumours.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff243/antnmellogan/Wigan010-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nezza Faz
Posts: 1787
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:05 pm

Re: George Burges

Post by Nezza Faz » Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:53 pm

Regarding Sam, we know he's lost that pure electric acceleration he had, but what he's lost in pace he's now more than made up with his game management, his reading of attacking plays, his defensive positioning and newly found leadership qualities.
So much so Waney has him down as the leading FB in his current World Cup squad - think the guy's come back well with his form.

Charriots Offiah
Posts: 609
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:14 pm

Re: George Burges

Post by Charriots Offiah » Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:00 am

lucky 13 wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:11 pm
St Pat's if you believe the tackle me as hard has you can rumours.
We’re they drunk?

User avatar
lucky 13
Posts: 1959
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:05 pm

Re: George Burges

Post by lucky 13 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:18 am

"If" you believe the rumour yes.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff243/antnmellogan/Wigan010-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wintergreen
Posts: 1124
Joined: Wed May 20, 2015 2:13 pm

Re: George Burges

Post by Wintergreen » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:34 am

lucky 13 wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:11 pm
St Pat's if you believe the tackle me as hard has you can rumours.
Are they still rumours?

Wintergreen
Posts: 1124
Joined: Wed May 20, 2015 2:13 pm

Re: George Burges

Post by Wintergreen » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:35 am

Nezza Faz wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:53 pm
Regarding Sam, we know he's lost that pure electric acceleration he had, but what he's lost in pace he's now more than made up with his game management, his reading of attacking plays, his defensive positioning and newly found leadership qualities.
So much so Waney has him down as the leading FB in his current World Cup squad - think the guy's come back well with his form.
I think this is fair.

His game management definitely has improved.

However, and it is a big however, that doesn't make up for the pace and zip he lost.

Charriots Offiah
Posts: 609
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:14 pm

Re: George Burges

Post by Charriots Offiah » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:53 pm

lucky 13 wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:11 pm
St Pat's if you believe the tackle me as hard has you can rumours.
You are right Lucky, I know the lad who did it. They were not drunk, it was a bit of fun which went horribly wrong. Sam shouldn’t have got involved.

bill.inger
Posts: 635
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:34 am

Re: George Burges

Post by bill.inger » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:45 pm

George Burgess is one of a long line of players Wigan have signed or re-signed, that had medical problems when they signed up. I'm thinking of players like Nigel Wright, the Tomkins brothers, Karl Price, Lee Mossop, the list goes on and on.
Other players that were injured during their contracts and cost a fortune to get fit again, Stuart Fielden, Eamon o'Carroll, Joe Mellor, and many others, all who left the club after playing one or two games when fit again. Sean Long was moved on for disciplinary reasons but at the time the fans were told that medically, it was thought he'd never again play to the standard required.
I can see Burgess spending the best part of next season on re-hab, then playing a handful of games before moving on and this is one player the fans want to see at his best, preferably at Wigan.
One consolation is, if he gets back to playing, he can be considered low mileage after almost two years out of the game and with his class and experience it's got to be worth the wait.

Charriots Offiah
Posts: 609
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:14 pm

Re: George Burges

Post by Charriots Offiah » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:55 pm

bill.inger wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:45 pm
George Burgess is one of a long line of players Wigan have signed or re-signed, that had medical problems when they signed up. I'm thinking of players like Nigel Wright, the Tomkins brothers, Karl Price, Lee Mossop, the list goes on and on.
Other players that were injured during their contracts and cost a fortune to get fit again, Stuart Fielden, Eamon o'Carroll, Joe Mellor, and many others, all who left the club after playing one or two games when fit again. Sean Long was moved on for disciplinary reasons but at the time the fans were told that medically, it was thought he'd never again play to the standard required.
I can see Burgess spending the best part of next season on re-hab, then playing a handful of games before moving on and this is one player the fans want to see at his best, preferably at Wigan.
One consolation is, if he gets back to playing, he can be considered low mileage after almost two years out of the game and with his class and experience it's got to be worth the wait.
Perhaps we need to question the medicals many of the players retuning from the NRL are having whilst in Australia. On the other hand it could be bad luck!

Locked