George Burges

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Wigan_forever1985

Re: George Burges

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Surely though he cant declare himself fit to play?

If a player breaks their arm and its handing off they cant say "put me in boss" there must be a club element in which they can through duty of care define if a player is fit. I don't know how the insurances work but i would imagine he is insured given the value of the contract but doesn't want to walk away from the deal and the bum fight is around whether or not it can be proven he cant play

Basically this stinks of usual club having people in position out their depth on the boardroom side and we have been taken for a ride.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Is George our new prop?
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

You can't blame the player. He is maximising his money, it's his job, his livelihood.

However, if true I am lost for words.

In fact I can't believe it's true. Nobody would sign someone without a medical.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Wintergreen wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:27 am You can't blame the player. He is maximising his money, it's his job, his livelihood.

However, if true I am lost for words.

In fact I can't believe it's true. Nobody would sign someone without a medical.
If they were daft enough not to then surely they would insert a clause into the contract to deal with the possibility of this happening?
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

NO :roll: :roll: :roll:
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

He needs a hip operation so it will be 6 months of a job or never to play again is the likely scenario.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

ddtftf wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:25 pm He needs a hip operation so it will be 6 months of a job or never to play again is the likely scenario.
Why has it only just been realised he needs an operation?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
MadMaxWarrior

Post by MadMaxWarrior »

ddtftf wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:25 pm He needs a hip operation so it will be 6 months of a job or never to play again is the likely scenario.
This just gets better. Wonder how many (possible games/ actually played) we have had out of our marquee signings since it was introduced. There meant to be the best on the field ours are never on it!
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

If GB needs a hip op then he's not going to play until it has been done, settled down and been cleared to play by his doctor. If he needs a full hip replacement then I can't see how he could play RL ever again.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

6 months?

He wont play next season if it is a hip job he needs.

Ridiculous move by the club to sign this fella in such poor shape.