George Burges

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
josie andrews

Re: George Burges

Post by josie andrews »

fozzieskem wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:30 pm
josie andrews wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:40 am
MadMaxWarrior wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:58 pm

Tomkins was injured/required surgery when he arrived for his second spell. Then he broke his foot which iirc needed further surgery.
Then buggered off & left! ☹️
That he left after finally finding the form we all know he’s capable of still annoys me to this day
Me too!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:52 pm

That he left after finally finding the form we all know he’s capable of still annoys me to this day
Me too!
Lets be honest after Tomkins gate he needed to go, only difference was Sam new to stop when he saw the camera.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

He broke his foot while on a drunken night out. He may had started playing ok (though clearly not a patch on the pre NRL version who could run fast), but we were right to cut our losses.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:42 am He broke his foot while on a drunken night out. He may had started playing ok (though clearly not a patch on the pre NRL version who could run fast), but we were right to cut our losses.
Sam had lost a lot of pace the season he left for aus........ he defo signed with an injury and never seemed to regain that electric pace and swerve
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Back to the original blog - is there any news on whether George is actually having an operation or not? Finding a solution to George's situation is for me the key to being in a position to win the final rather than just go close again next season. I'm really hoping for some positive news one way or the other before Christmas.
jobo

Post by jobo »

Me too!
If you take in to account all the years he played for us, think we more than got our monies worth out of Sam.
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

jobo wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:28 pm
Me too!
If you take in to account all the years he played for us, think we more than got our monies worth out of Sam.
i suppose some will see it as he was outstanding in his first stint before leaving early after signing a 5 year contract.
when he returned through injury and then self inflicted injury, we never saw anything like his 1st spell, and probably cost us a lot more for a lot less?
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:42 am He broke his foot while on a drunken night out. He may had started playing ok (though clearly not a patch on the pre NRL version who could run fast), but we were right to cut our losses.
No he didn’t.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

GB did have a medical and he passed it.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:33 pm
No he didn’t.
yes he did.