Saints Struggling

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
josie andrews

Re: Saints Struggling

Post by josie andrews »

fozzieskem wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:33 pm
josie andrews wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:29 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:18 pm Saw Matt Shaws story in regards to Fages a couple of days back saying he was the main one under pressure because of the cap it’ll be interesting to see if he does leave at seasons end.
I saw it too & thought he’d be first to face the chop with the young lad Dodds in the wings.
He’s an odd one Fages,doesn’t get the plaudits perhaps he should get I don’t know but I feel they’ll miss him if he does go
Me too, they are always too busy praising the blue eyed boy Jonny Lomax to even watch what Fages does. I think Fages is a good player
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

fozzieskem wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:18 pm Saw Matt Shaws story in regards to Fages a couple of days back saying he was the main one under pressure because of the cap it’ll be interesting to see if he does leave at seasons end.
I saw it too & thought he’d be first to face the chop with the young lad Dodds in the wings.
He’s an odd one Fages,doesn’t get the plaudits perhaps he should get I don’t know but I feel they’ll miss him if he does go
Lewis Dodd's is a good player and the successor to Fages, plus he will be cheaper at present.
Charriots Offiah

josie andrews wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:48 pm

Me too, they are always too busy praising the blue eyed boy Jonny Lomax to even watch what Fages does. I think Fages is a good player
Lomax is an excellent player in my view. If he gets an injury Saints will be nowhere near as effective.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:17 pm
Lomax is an excellent player in my view. If he gets an injury Saints will be nowhere near as effective.
I’m not saying he isn’t I just get annoyed when all the ‘Pundits’ drool over just one or two players in a team.

There is no “I” in team
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:45 pm

I’m not saying he isn’t I just get annoyed when all the ‘Pundits’ drool over just one or two players in a team.

There is no “I” in team
Never seen the hype with lomax while Saint are on top he's brilliant but he goes missing the moment they are not.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Caboosegg wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:02 pm
josie andrews wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:45 pm

There is no “I” in team
Never seen the hype with lomax while Saint are on top he's brilliant but he goes missing the moment they are not.
Trouble is though at present Saints are head and shoulders above anyone in super league so Lomax is on top of his game, but I do wonder how much of what hes able to do is down to Fages,ill say quite a lot to be honest Saints let the little fella go at their peril.
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

couple of my saints friends have been posting about the good work and how they manage to retain all their players from other super league clubs, RU and NRL

the irony that Amor, LMS and other bang average players were named in the list of long term saints players who seemingly stayed loyal despite interest from all over the world. The only 1 i would have said on the players they listed was Roby. the others whilst no doubt good players, would not be in high demand anywhere other than mid table SL clubs or i reckon they would have moved on already. I would say they are similar to our Clubb / Isa etc, players who do a good job, but wont ever set the world on fire
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Dan2266 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:54 am Hearing saints are struggling to stay under the cap this year, and could see a couple of departures before the end of the year. Fages, Coote & LMS supposedly on the look for a new club.
https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/woolf-ad ... hem-39426/

How Wigan knew about this weeks ago is intriguing, almost like they were offered some of Saints players :roll:
HDS

Post by HDS »

Apologies if I have got this wrong but didn't all the St. Helens team take a wage cut , and because Luke Thompson refused he went to the NRL early.

If so you would have thought they would be under the salary cap?

Not bothered if they are having problems mind you!!
Charriots Offiah

HDS wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 7:40 pm Apologies if I have got this wrong but didn't all the St. Helens team take a wage cut , and because Luke Thompson refused he went to the NRL early.

If so you would have thought they would be under the salary cap?

Not bothered if they are having problems mind you!!
That was due to Covid the same happened at Wigan.