Saints Struggling

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
josie andrews
Posts: 26988
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:17 pm
Location: Wigan
Contact:

Re: Saints Struggling

Post by josie andrews » Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:48 pm

fozzieskem wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:33 pm
josie andrews wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:29 pm
fozzieskem wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:18 pm
Saw Matt Shaws story in regards to Fages a couple of days back saying he was the main one under pressure because of the cap it’ll be interesting to see if he does leave at seasons end.
I saw it too & thought he’d be first to face the chop with the young lad Dodds in the wings.
He’s an odd one Fages,doesn’t get the plaudits perhaps he should get I don’t know but I feel they’ll miss him if he does go
Me too, they are always too busy praising the blue eyed boy Jonny Lomax to even watch what Fages does. I think Fages is a good player
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage.

Charriots Offiah
Posts: 609
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:14 pm

Re: Saints Struggling

Post by Charriots Offiah » Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:16 pm

fozzieskem wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:33 pm
josie andrews wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:29 pm
fozzieskem wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:18 pm
Saw Matt Shaws story in regards to Fages a couple of days back saying he was the main one under pressure because of the cap it’ll be interesting to see if he does leave at seasons end.
I saw it too & thought he’d be first to face the chop with the young lad Dodds in the wings.
He’s an odd one Fages,doesn’t get the plaudits perhaps he should get I don’t know but I feel they’ll miss him if he does go
Lewis Dodd's is a good player and the successor to Fages, plus he will be cheaper at present.

Charriots Offiah
Posts: 609
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:14 pm

Re: Saints Struggling

Post by Charriots Offiah » Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:17 pm

josie andrews wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:48 pm
fozzieskem wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:33 pm
josie andrews wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:29 pm


I saw it too & thought he’d be first to face the chop with the young lad Dodds in the wings.
He’s an odd one Fages,doesn’t get the plaudits perhaps he should get I don’t know but I feel they’ll miss him if he does go
Me too, they are always too busy praising the blue eyed boy Jonny Lomax to even watch what Fages does. I think Fages is a good player
Lomax is an excellent player in my view. If he gets an injury Saints will be nowhere near as effective.

josie andrews
Posts: 26988
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:17 pm
Location: Wigan
Contact:

Re: Saints Struggling

Post by josie andrews » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:45 pm

Charriots Offiah wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:17 pm
josie andrews wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:48 pm
fozzieskem wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:33 pm

He’s an odd one Fages,doesn’t get the plaudits perhaps he should get I don’t know but I feel they’ll miss him if he does go
Me too, they are always too busy praising the blue eyed boy Jonny Lomax to even watch what Fages does. I think Fages is a good player
Lomax is an excellent player in my view. If he gets an injury Saints will be nowhere near as effective.
I’m not saying he isn’t I just get annoyed when all the ‘Pundits’ drool over just one or two players in a team.

There is no “I” in team
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage.

Caboosegg
Posts: 2062
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:51 pm

Re: Saints Struggling

Post by Caboosegg » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:02 pm

josie andrews wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:45 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:17 pm
josie andrews wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:48 pm


Me too, they are always too busy praising the blue eyed boy Jonny Lomax to even watch what Fages does. I think Fages is a good player
Lomax is an excellent player in my view. If he gets an injury Saints will be nowhere near as effective.
I’m not saying he isn’t I just get annoyed when all the ‘Pundits’ drool over just one or two players in a team.

There is no “I” in team
Never seen the hype with lomax while Saint are on top he's brilliant but he goes missing the moment they are not.
The Turkeys voted for Christmas.

A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims... but accomplices

George Orwell

fozzieskem
Posts: 3634
Joined: Sat May 14, 2016 10:54 am

Re: Saints Struggling

Post by fozzieskem » Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:44 am

Caboosegg wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:02 pm
josie andrews wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:45 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:17 pm


Lomax is an excellent player in my view. If he gets an injury Saints will be nowhere near as effective.
I’m not saying he isn’t I just get annoyed when all the ‘Pundits’ drool over just one or two players in a team.

There is no “I” in team
Never seen the hype with lomax while Saint are on top he's brilliant but he goes missing the moment they are not.
Trouble is though at present Saints are head and shoulders above anyone in super league so Lomax is on top of his game, but I do wonder how much of what hes able to do is down to Fages,ill say quite a lot to be honest Saints let the little fella go at their peril.

the pieman
Posts: 470
Joined: Sun May 22, 2005 5:34 pm

Re: Saints Struggling

Post by the pieman » Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:34 pm

couple of my saints friends have been posting about the good work and how they manage to retain all their players from other super league clubs, RU and NRL

the irony that Amor, LMS and other bang average players were named in the list of long term saints players who seemingly stayed loyal despite interest from all over the world. The only 1 i would have said on the players they listed was Roby. the others whilst no doubt good players, would not be in high demand anywhere other than mid table SL clubs or i reckon they would have moved on already. I would say they are similar to our Clubb / Isa etc, players who do a good job, but wont ever set the world on fire

Post Reply