Saints Struggling

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Dan2266

Saints Struggling

Post by Dan2266 »

Hearing saints are struggling to stay under the cap this year, and could see a couple of departures before the end of the year. Fages, Coote & LMS supposedly on the look for a new club.
Levrier

Re: Saints Struggling

Post by Levrier »

Surely with a live cap they are either under or not.
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

Would not have any of the three in Wigan shirt
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Levrier wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:11 am Surely with a live cap they are either under or not.
I think improved deals for recently re signed players may of had an effect, along with players they maybe thought would of left by now that haven't left. I'm assuming the issue is if they pay the current monthly wage bill for the rest of the season, they will be over the cap.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Those three players are out of contract at the end of the season, two of them are into their 30's and you can add Kevin Naiqama to that list.
If they keep Fages what do they do with Dodd?

They've already extended the contracts of Walmsley, Lomax and Simm, but also have a few more they want to keep who are also off contract Bentley, Grace etc.

The agreed EXTENSIONS on the salaries will not come into effect until the end of this season. Players will leave then to accommodate them as is the case at all clubs.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

No straw damn us wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:54 am Those three players are out of contract at the end of the season, two of them are into their 30's and you can add Kevin Naiqama to that list.
If they keep Fages what do they do with Dodd?

They've already extended the contracts of Walmsley, Lomax and Simm, but also have a few more they want to keep who are also off contract Bentley, Grace etc.

The agreed EXTENSIONS on the salaries will not come into effect until the end of this season. Players will leave then to accommodate them as is the case at all clubs.
I know for a fact 1 of them has had a significant rise NOW to fend off NRL Interest.
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

LMS in a Wigan shirt? Not for a month of Sundays! Might as well start our own cockney!
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Saw Matt Shaws story in regards to Fages a couple of days back saying he was the main one under pressure because of the cap it’ll be interesting to see if he does leave at seasons end.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

fozzieskem wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:18 pm Saw Matt Shaws story in regards to Fages a couple of days back saying he was the main one under pressure because of the cap it’ll be interesting to see if he does leave at seasons end.
I saw it too & thought he’d be first to face the chop with the young lad Dodds in the wings.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

josie andrews wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:29 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:18 pm Saw Matt Shaws story in regards to Fages a couple of days back saying he was the main one under pressure because of the cap it’ll be interesting to see if he does leave at seasons end.
I saw it too & thought he’d be first to face the chop with the young lad Dodds in the wings.
He’s an odd one Fages,doesn’t get the plaudits perhaps he should get I don’t know but I feel they’ll miss him if he does go