Hastings Replacement.....

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
fozzieskem

Re: Hastings Replacement.....

Post by fozzieskem »

nathan_rugby wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 3:11 pm Be a massive gamble to sign burgess again regardless of what contract he’s on.
Funny thing is I can see it happening don’t know why just a gut feeling if his op goes to plan
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Smithy82 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 4:17 pm Hastings as said many times he is not on the marquee rule so get your facts right
Hastings is 100% Marquee player this year. Regardless of what he says.

I cant put it any simpler than that.

GB has gave Wigan his word that they have first refusal on him. (Part of the deal with him continuing to use club facilities) Im not too sure I would take the risk on him but I'm not a medical professional, I don't see why Wigan wouldn't try him out pre season on a trial basis if he chooses to play again, then make a decision from there.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Dan2266 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 6:38 pm
Smithy82 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 4:17 pm Hastings as said many times he is not on the marquee rule so get your facts right
Hastings is 100% Marquee player this year. Regardless of what he says.

I cant put it any simpler than that.

GB has gave Wigan his word that they have first refusal on him. (Part of the deal with him continuing to use club facilities) Im not too sure I would take the risk on him but I'm not a medical professional, I don't see why Wigan wouldn't try him out pre season on a trial basis if he chooses to play again, then make a decision from there.
I think you right but the person you replied too was as well. It was old info with Bateman snd Burgess supposedly being the marquee players this season. Its only logical putting Hastings instead of the departed Burgess to reduce his contribution on the cap. Given only a certain amount of his will be on the cap. Gives wiggle room for a mid season signing maybe.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Theo Farge had a blinder for Saints tonight rumour has it he is on his way out is he worth a punt.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I think Fages is a decent player, and he's been here a while, so I assume he's reasonably settled in England. But if GW is available, we can forget about all that, surely?
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

moto748 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 1:57 am I think Fages is a decent player, and he's been here a while, so I assume he's reasonably settled in England. But if GW is available, we can forget about all that, surely?
Hugely underrated player is Fages but yes I’d assume Williams will be first on the wish surely?
oval balls

Post by oval balls »

Was told by someone I work with that George Williams is heading to wire and this person was informed by someone very close to George and that’s all I can say
Don’t know how accurate this info is or how it will pan out but as this is a rumour page.
wigans turning blue- my arse

oval balls

Post by oval balls »

If the above turns out to be factual I would deffo consider fage as I think he would work out well alongside Harry smith
wigans turning blue- my arse

Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I just cant see george ever going to anybody bar us…… everything seems to fit with him coming back to us…… no proof whatsoever
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

oval balls wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:33 pm Was told by someone I work with that George Williams is heading to wire and this person was informed by someone very close to George and that’s all I can say
Don’t know how accurate this info is or how it will pan out but as this is a rumour page.
I think someone may be trying to catch a few bites by saying that to the person you work with... I have it on good authority that Wigan are the only club he will be heading too. But, as you say, its a rumour page