Hastings Replacement.....

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Post Reply
Dan2266
Posts: 175
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:47 pm

Hastings Replacement.....

Post by Dan2266 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:51 pm

Take this with a pinch of salt.... Wigan are planning to explore the possibility of luring Williams back for next season. That is their first choice. I very much doubt it happens.

Charriots Offiah
Posts: 644
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:14 pm

Re: Hastings Replacement.....

Post by Charriots Offiah » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:31 pm

Dan2266 wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:51 pm
Take this with a pinch of salt.... Wigan are planning to explore the possibility of luring Williams back for next season. That is their first choice. I very much doubt it happens.
George is a home bird, I’ll leave it at that 😉

Barney841
Posts: 978
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:24 am

Re: Hastings Replacement.....

Post by Barney841 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:40 pm

Be happy with George coming back.
Can’t see it though as he seems to have made that number 7 shirt his at the raiders

southportcdm
Posts: 671
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:05 pm

Re: Hastings Replacement.....

Post by southportcdm » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:59 pm

The best possible option for me, love to see him back. George has improved his game whilst over there and he's not been battered and injured yet.

CheshireWarrior
Posts: 453
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:58 pm

Re: Hastings Replacement.....

Post by CheshireWarrior » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:19 pm

Barney841 wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:40 pm
Be happy with George coming back.
Can’t see it though as he seems to have made that number 7 shirt his at the raiders
I agree with this fully! It seems George is flourishing playing 7 and let's face it......he isn't exactly struggling is he :lol:

Dan2266
Posts: 175
Joined: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:47 pm

Re: Hastings Replacement.....

Post by Dan2266 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:49 pm

Charriots Offiah wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:31 pm
Dan2266 wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:51 pm
Take this with a pinch of salt.... Wigan are planning to explore the possibility of luring Williams back for next season. That is their first choice. I very much doubt it happens.
George is a home bird, I’ll leave it at that 😉
Been told the biggest Issue is his Canberra contract runs till the end of 2022.
if that's the biggest issue then George must be willing to at least talk.....

medlocke
Posts: 8719
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:57 am
Contact:

Re: Hastings Replacement.....

Post by medlocke » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:43 pm

Christ on a bike, If true then this proves the club has no real ambition, Sick to death of bringing back former players, They rarely work out, They should be trying to lure a big name from the NRL rather than a former player that has "upped his game", Maybe he looks a lot better due to having a great NRL team around him, I'd put money on him being the same headless chicken IF he came back, There used to be a time fans of this club craved big name signings. :evil:

fozzieskem
Posts: 3657
Joined: Sat May 14, 2016 10:54 am

Re: Hastings Replacement.....

Post by fozzieskem » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:46 pm

It’s funny I thought to myself when I heard the Hastings news have they been on the phone to Williams?

Wouldn’t surprise me at all if he was to come back might not be next year but I doubt we fans have seen the last of him in a Wigan shirt

User avatar
Firestarter
Posts: 3273
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:07 pm

Re: Hastings Replacement.....

Post by Firestarter » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:55 pm

fozzieskem wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:46 pm
It’s funny I thought to myself when I heard the Hastings news have they been on the phone to Williams?

Wouldn’t surprise me at all if he was to come back might not be next year but I doubt we fans have seen the last of him in a Wigan shirt
I thought williams, millford and lam in that order...... both milford and lam arnt playing atm for whatever reason
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE

Barney841
Posts: 978
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:24 am

Re: Hastings Replacement.....

Post by Barney841 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:00 pm

medlocke wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:43 pm
Christ on a bike, If true then this proves the club has no real ambition, Sick to death of bringing back former players, They rarely work out, They should be trying to lure a big name from the NRL rather than a former player that has "upped his game", Maybe he looks a lot better due to having a great NRL team around him, I'd put money on him being the same headless chicken IF he came back, There used to be a time fans of this club craved big name signings. :evil:
Don’t know how you can say no ambition. He’s an England international and a top player.
I know what you mean in bringing back former players, which I admit has done my head in at times, but Williams is still young and has a lot left in him.
Who would you suggest to match your ambition for the club?

Post Reply