Hastings Replacement.....

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Dan2266

Re: Hastings Replacement.....

Post by Dan2266 »

Mike wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:46 am
josie andrews wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:45 am
Dan2266 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:35 am

George has told Wigan he wants to come back. Don't listen to any links/rumours with other SL clubs.

(As of now id say 80% sure he is in cherry and white again next season) I did not think it would happen when I first found out Wigan want him back.

Also on the George Burgess front. There is a growing confidence that he may play again.
Good news & great news regarding Burgess 😊
Isn't he off cap and our salary now though?

At the moment yes he is, Hastings & Bateman are the Marquee players. but with Hastings leaving, we have plenty of room to pay Burgess and Williams, There has been conversations around the contract Burgess would theoretically be on and its obviously not marquee Level. Im also hearing there is a good chance Mitch Clark leaves the club this month. Clubs in a good place financially and they are being strategic in recruitment. I think the fact we didn't sign a replacement prop came off the back of a whisper Williams would be interested in a return & the club didnt want to price themselves out of the equation by not having the cap space.
cherry toffee

Post by cherry toffee »

Dan up to now you've been pretty consistent with your insights so hope this is spot on regarding both George's
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Would George come back to us if he can play again, or just be on the open market?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Sarcastic comment about 2 props :lol:
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Be a massive gamble to sign burgess again regardless of what contract he’s on.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I think we would be crackers to take that chance again
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Mike wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 1:13 pm Would George come back to us if he can play again, or just be on the open market?
I think the Club and GB will already have had a conversation about the possibility of him returning.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 3:24 pm
Mike wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 1:13 pm Would George come back to us if he can play again, or just be on the open market?
I think the Club and GB will already have had a conversation about the possibility of him returning.
They may have done, but if he can get more elsewhere when he returns I imagine he'd do that? Unless we still hold his reg or something.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Mike wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 3:59 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 3:24 pm
They may have done, but if he can get more elsewhere when he returns I imagine he'd do that? Unless we still hold his reg or something.
Or something.
Smithy82

Post by Smithy82 »

Hastings as said many times he is not on the marquee rule so get your facts right