New Coach.

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Dan2266

New Coach.

Post by Dan2266 »

At the moment, Im not sure how likely. But Wigan want to speak to Wane & Andy Farrell regarding their long term plans.

From what Im hearing, Wane may be the key to bringing Williams home.
jaws1

Re: New Coach.

Post by jaws1 »

Think Lockers and Tommy as his assistant are in line for coaching job.
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Was wondering how long it would take for Farrells name to be thrown around :lol:

Why are we always (supposedly) considering ex players who coach in Union?

Two questions arise for me, can we seriously compete with any offers/counter-offers made by union? Apart from being a club legend (like Edwards), what is Farrell going to bring?

Did Edwards refuse to join Wigan because he needed time to get upto scratch in league or because France offered him a packet in a code he is well established in and knew he'd pull it off?
stevo38

Post by stevo38 »

dont think lockers is ready for coach .need fresh faces every job or recruitment is just being passed to past players .or departed players coming back
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

I think Shaun Wane with Lockers no2 makes the most sense to me, I cant see Farrell happening at all. Id personally prefer Wane anyway.
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

Dan2266 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 12:41 pm I think Shaun Wane with Lockers no2 makes the most sense to me, I cant see Farrell happening at all. Id personally prefer Wane anyway.
Are you saying Wigan are already talking to Wane or is that just your thoughts?
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

CheshireWarrior wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 10:03 am Was wondering how long it would take for Farrells name to be thrown around :lol:

Why are we always (supposedly) considering ex players who coach in Union?

Two questions arise for me, can we seriously compete with any offers/counter-offers made by union? Apart from being a club legend (like Edwards), what is Farrell going to bring?

Did Edwards refuse to join Wigan because he needed time to get upto scratch in league or because France offered him a packet in a code he is well established in and knew he'd pull it off?
Neither. The Club would not allow Edwards to bring his own back room staff unlike Powell at Warrington.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Matthew Elliott?
Jason Demetriou?
Jim Dymock?
Andrew McFadden?
Stephen Kearney?
??????? ????????????
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

medlocke wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 2:26 pm Matthew Elliott?
Jason Demetriou?
Jim Dymock?
Andrew McFadden?
Stephen Kearney?
??????? ????????????
Think meds that Demetriou is taking over at Souths from Bennett. I was calling for him to take us over after Wane. He is going to be a great coach.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Doesn't surprise me there are rumours the club maybe considering a new coach for 2022 after that shambles yesterday v Hull FC. Not the first time Lam has completely messed up in the C Cup.