George Williams

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Jonathon Kerr (JK)

Re: George Williams

Post by Jonathon Kerr (JK) »

If we do bring Williams back, what would be the plan for Jai Field? Are we expecting to lose French at the end of the year so Field potentially goes to Full-Back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bertina

Post by bertina »

nathan_rugby wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 1:29 pm Im not too fussed about a Williams return.

Great player yes, improved at Canberra yes, but is he the game manager / dominant voice on the pitch we need and to be a good partner with Smith?
I'm also not getting giddy about GW coming back. Went missing too much for my liking when games were tough going.
bertina

Post by bertina »

Mike wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 2:22 pm I'm not bothered about Williams coming back TBH. We should take the most financially prudent position on this one. Not one to break the bank over.
+1
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

I have spoken to a relative of George and I got the impression he was going to Warrington big money offer he is finding hard to refuse :o :o
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

ddtftf wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:34 pm I have spoken to a relative of George and I got the impression he was going to Warrington big money offer he is finding hard to refuse :o :o
Stacks up with what I said yesterday about Wigan being concerned. You’re normally bang on as well.

Wigan have it agreed so Warrington must of trumped our offer by a considerable amount.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Dan2266 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:57 pm
ddtftf wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:34 pm I have spoken to a relative of George and I got the impression he was going to Warrington big money offer he is finding hard to refuse :o :o
Stacks up with what I said yesterday about Wigan being concerned. You’re normally bang on as well.

Wigan have it agreed so Warrington must of trumped our offer by a considerable amount.
Have to wonder where Warrington find the money.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

So this first refusal thing then must be a load of rubbish.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

nathan_rugby wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 1:35 pm

So this first refusal thing then must be a load of rubbish.
No... we have that 100% hence it was agreed (before Warrington came in)

But Warrington have stepped in, (Via his agent) so George could go back on his "agreement" with Wigan if Warrington have offered say £50k a year more. hence why I said the other day Shaun Edwards 2.0, all agreed nothing signed. so all it takes now is George to go back on his word for the sake of money and reject Wigan's offer, then sign for Warrington. its now down to Wigan to match Warrington's offer so George will sign, or George to sign for less money than Warrington are offering.
bertina

Post by bertina »

If it’s BIG money, as is being talked about, then let him go. This is George Williams for God’s sake, not Andrew Johns or Billy Slater.
cherry toffee

Post by cherry toffee »

In pre season the club said it was under the cap but was thinking of making a mid season signing like last year,since then Burgess has finished and Mike Danson a millionaire has joined the board,added to this Hastings is leaving along with probably Gildardt and Leuluai and clubb will probably retire and still apparently we can't out bid Warrington for a player who wants to play for us